Latest Episodes of Dramas - Latest Politics Shows - Latest Politics Discussions
Latest Columns

Discuss History...Orya Maqbool Jaan in Current Affair Talks Shows and Debate forum, in Desi Dramas / Media / Pakistani Politics Shows and Entertainment category.

suave is offline Expert Member
    Cosmopolitan!

Quoted
    768 Post(s)

Lightbulb History...Orya Maqbool Jaan

5 Not allowed!

rotomia2002 is offline Gor Pya Koi Hor
    Edit>

Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Re: History...Orya Maqbool Jaan

As usual Orya Sahib's sense of history is askew. I can't say much about Allama Muhammad Asad's dept. of Islamic Reconstruction, although I do know that shortly after our independence he became our plenipotentiary to the UN, while Prince Ali Khan (father of the present Aga Khan) became our first ambassador. I don't know when he had time to head the aforementioned dept. I do know that the claim he has made with regards to William Dalrymple about his book "The Last Moghul' is totally fallacious. I've read the book and Dalrymple says the exact opposite of what Orya Sahib claims. This "war of independence" or the "mutiny" was thrust upon Bahadur Shah Zafar and till the end he didn't want to go to war knowing his position fully well. It was the Hindus and not the Muslims who started this war.

3 Not allowed!

suave is offline Expert Member
    Cosmopolitan!

Quoted
    768 Post(s)

Ada,
    I read about Allama Asad a bit before pasting these columns here and apparently Orya is right about him being the director of some Islamic department where Asad was supposed to draft the first constitution of Pakistan.
    And he was sent to UN in 1952.
    I think its the same Asad who wrote the commonly found English translation of Quran!

1 Not allowed!

romesa is offline Expert Member
    Wheneve u r alone remind
    urself that Allah has sent
    everyone else away so that
    there is only u n Him

Quoted
    1641 Post(s)

it would be an ideal situation if we make it mandatory for all the graduating students to have both religious and secular education....one syllabus for everyone in the country....that will eliminate polarization and the class system in our society.........and i think we should go even one step ahead requiring everyone to learn foreign languages, at least few most common ones like English, Arabic, Chinese...............until we don't fix our education system, we will never be able to progress economically as well as socially!

0 Not allowed!