Latest Episodes of Dramas - Latest Politics Shows - Latest Politics Discussions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Discuss Pakistan Flood Control System in Current Affair Talks Shows and Debate forum, in Desi Dramas / Media / Pakistani Politics Shows and Entertainment category.

mdiqbal is offline Member
    Edit>

Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Pakistan Flood Control System

recently, I have been working on a research project named "Pakistan Flood Control System".
    I have designed a flood control system for Pakistan, that can handle upto 50% bigger floods than 2010 floods.
    all the flood water can be stored for futur use.
    and...it doesn't need the "k word", Kalabagh dam.

Latest draft:
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...4ZGI0&hl=en_US

First public version
    http://www.mediafire.com7xb5m019ii8diy3
    http://www.filedropper.com/pfcs1017
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/b45c...PFCS1.0.17.pdf

your suggestions/feedback is appreciated

4 Not allowed!

Edit>

Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Pakistan Flood Control System

2 Not allowed!

CharSoBees is offline Junior Member
    Edit>

Quoted
    31 Post(s)

I went through the project but we want to know about the progress in Govt and planning commision circles.
    How much are they interested in this?

0 Not allowed!

Star-Gazer is offline Banned
    Edit>

Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdiqbal View Post
    recently, I have been working on a research project named "Pakistan Flood Control System".
    I have designed a flood control system for Pakistan, that can handle upto 50% bigger floods than 2010 floods.
    all the flood water can be stored for futur use.
    and...it doesn't need the "k word", Kalabagh dam.

Latest draft:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/448419648/PFCS_2.0.13.pdf

First public version
    PFCS1.0.17.pdf
    Free File Hosting - Online Storage; Upload Mp3, Videos, Music. Backup Files
    PFCS1.0.17.pdf - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

your suggestions/feedback is appreciated
    Could not download, rather rakes to another page to first download another programme to assist download this one.

0 Not allowed!

Edit>

Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Star-Gazer View Post
    Could not download, rather rakes to another page to first download another programme to assist download this one.
    this is latest public version with a permanent link.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CharSoBees View Post
    I went through the project but we want to know about the progress in Govt and planning commision circles.
    How much are they interested in this?

Planning commission knows about PFCS V1 and subsequent updates.
    I met a minister from PP govt too, but I am not sure if he ho his party can even understand the idea :-).I don't have a favourite party, but most likely this project will be done by next govt, a better one.

0 Not allowed!

Edit>

Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=mdiqbal;2569305]this is latest public version with a permanent link.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/448419648/PFCS_2.0.13.pdf[COLOR="Silver"]

<DIV id=rs2010>When I click your link this is what I get:

RapidShare

Loading file

Upload file

<DIV id=main><DIV id=content_wrapper>
    6 reasons not to wait any longer

• Maximum speed
    • Parallel up- and downloads
    • Additional secured storage
    • Additional traffic
    • Usage of the Anti-Waiting Lounge
    • No added waiting times
    Yes, waiting sucks!

» Find out more about RapidPro
    Do you need help?

<DIV id=content>Loading file

You want to load the following file

http://rapidshare.com/files/448419648/PFCS_2.0.13.pdf12280KB

RapidPro UserFull speed with all anti-waiting advantages

• Unlimited bandwidth
    • Download starts instantly
    • Secured storage
    • Full functionalities & many extra features
    • Access to the Anti-Waiting Lounge
    • Estimated transfer time: 21 Second(s)
    High-Speed Download

Free accountSlow transfer and longer waiting times for all those, who have too much time*

• Limited bandwidth
    • Waiting times depending on server capacity
    • Storage not secured
    • Limited functionalities
    • No access to the Anti-Waiting Lounge
    • Estimated transfer time: 2.44 minutes
    Slow Download
    * RapidPro User will be favoured if servers are running at full capacity, too much bandwidth is in use, or if a lot of users are trying to access our servers at the same time.

With free transfers you have to wait
    30 seconds. Why?

RapidPro User will be favoured if:
    - servers are running at full capacity
    - too much bandwidth is in use
    - a lot of users are trying to access
    our servers at the same time
    29 sec
    Click here, if you
    do not want to wait.

<DIV style="DISPLAY: none" id=downloadpage_freedl_wrapper>You are currently loading at the lowest possible speed.*

Register now for fast downloads and many other advantages.

http://rapidshare.com/files/448419648/PFCS_2.0.13.pdf Filesize: 12280 KB

Lots of good reasons not to
    wait any longer! Become a
    RapidPro user now.

• 1. Full speed up- and downloads
    • 2. No waiting times
    • 3. Download starts instantly
    • 4. Secured storage
    • 5. Unlimited games in your Anti-Waiting Lounge
    • 6. Manage personal files & many more advantages!
    Yes, waiting sucks!
    I want RapidPro

* RapidPro User will be favoured if servers are running at full capacity, too much bandwidth is in use, or if a lot of users are trying to access our servers at the same time.

<DIV style="Z-INDEX: 10000; POSITION: absolute; TEXT-ALIGN: center; WIDTH: 240px; BOTTOM: 100px; DISPLAY: block; HEIGHT: 100px; FONT-SIZE: 11px; RIGHT: 20px">

0 Not allowed!

Edit>

Quoted
    1 Post(s)

@ Star-Gazer, Rapidshare free download should work, anyway I have created 3 more download locations for you.I hope it helps.
    links are updated in first post.

and here are they for you.
    PFCS_2.0.13.pdf
    http://www.filedropper.com/pfcs2013
    PFCS_2.0.13.pdf - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

0 Not allowed!

Edit>

Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@ Star-Gazer, Rapidshare free download should work, anyway I have created 3 more download locations for you.I hope it helps.
    links are updated in first post.

and here are they for you.
    PFCS_2.0.13.pdf
    http://www.filedropper.com/pfcs2013
    PFCS_2.0.13.pdf - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com
    I do appreciate and thank you for your efforts to help me download your file. Which still unfortunately does not work.
    I did try but ended up with being invaded by some unwelcome bugs.
    Thanks once again.

0 Not allowed!

Edit>

Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I do appreciate and thank you for your efforts to help me download your file. Which still unfortunately does not work.
    I did try but ended up with being invaded by some unwelcome bugs.
    Thanks once again.
    pm me an email address, I will make sure u get the file.

0 Not allowed!

Edit>

Quoted
    0 Post(s)

pm me an email address, I will make sure u get the file.
    Your goodwill is appreciated. But access to your pm is blocked. Thanks.

0 Not allowed!

Edit>

Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Your goodwill is appreciated. But access to your pm is blocked. Thanks.
    you can use aamdiqbal@hotmail.com to communicate with me.

0 Not allowed!

Edit>

Quoted
    1 Post(s)

just a reminder, Pakistan has a very low cost option of taming monsoon floods and storing extra water. I have communicated this to govt of Pakistan and WAPDA but there is no progress since then.

curent month's flood water in Sindh province alone was more than four full Tarbela lakes. (just water involved was worth 74 Billion dollars, more than Pakistan's foreign debt) Bhit Dam site in Sindh province can hold up to 150% of of this amount.

govt. has been begging USA for financing Diamer Basha dam while they can make six times bigger dam at half the price, which is 12 times more economical.

Attached Images Attached Images

1 Not allowed!

m.omair is offline The Stranger
    Sick of this secular world

Quoted
    34 Post(s)

comeon brother its being ages we have being hearing about this so what is the current progress
    when the work will be started, in the next century
    there is nothing in the news about this
    isnt this only paper work or something real

0 Not allowed!

Edit>

Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by m.omair View Post
    comeon brother its being ages we have being hearing about this so what is the current progress
    when the work will be started, in the next century
    there is nothing in the news about this
    isnt this only paper work or something real
    mega projects don't build in a day.

govt seems to go slow on this to exhaust its efforts on Diamer Basha dam first. (Yanks are wasting Pakistan's time in name of strategic dialogue with WAPDA without any progress, like yesterday's useless session after many months preperation)
    during my meeting with acting chairman WAPDA, I told him not to waste time on it, but it seems that he has took it personal :-)
    both projects can go parallel.

0 Not allowed!

Quoted
    34 Post(s)

mega projects don't build in a day.

govt seems to go slow on this to exhaust its efforts on Diamer Basha dam first. (Yanks are wasting Pakistan's time in name of strategic dialogue with WAPDA without any progress, like yesterday's useless session after many months preperation)
    during my meeting with acting chairman WAPDA, I told him not to waste time on it, but it seems that he has took it personal :-)
    both projects can go parallel.
    i am not saying that they should be completed but at least they should have been started but nothing
    only meetings with no results
    nobody is serious with this problem
    and in the end
    when we finally decided to go for the dam india would have already take control of our water and no water for us

0 Not allowed!

Edit>

Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I'v good news for brothers from Sindh.

My last year's design offered virtually complete flood control on main rivers in Pakistan, but 2011 floods of Sindh have exposed its weakness about heavy rain water in Sindh, especially on left bank.

I have spent last few weeks to improve the design for this problem, and thank God we have a multi purpose silver bullet.

Nara river bed from Sukkur to Sawan, offers huge storage capacity with a low dam hight.

It can store 15+ MAF water with maximum 30 m high embankment.

Sawan reservior will be a large scale “Chotiari reservior” for effective flood control and local storage for Sindh below Sukkur.

Sawan Dam can split Indus floods upstream Sukkur barrage, and collect Indus water as well as Nara's own catchment along eastern slopes of Thar desert.

It will greatly reduce the intensity of floods like 2011 Sindh flood.

at the same time, it will help Sindh improve local storage capacity for flood runoff collected in Punjab.

God bless Pakistan

1 Not allowed!

Quoted
    34 Post(s)

i wish what ever u are saying should be build in our life time

0 Not allowed!

Edit>

Quoted
    1 Post(s)

PRESIDENT OF PAKISTAN

Press Releases and Communiques

SEPTEMBER 23, 2011

President says rain havoc in Sindh is wake up call Calls for providing financial relief to farmers Meets separately with delegations of UN Agencies, leading Bankers, business bodies and prominent businessmen to shore up relief work

President Asif Ali Zardari has said that the havoc caused by floods during the last two years were a wakeup call to everyone to search for permanent solutions to natural disasters rooted in climate change. He also called upon the national and international experts and the UN agencies to devise doable and practicable plans for countering the vagaries of climate change.

The President was addressing representatives of various UN agencies engaged in relief and rehabilitation work in Sindh, in Bilawal House Karachi Friday.

Spokesman to President Farhatullah Babar said that the representatives of UN agencies and donors that attended the meeting included UNICEF, WHO, FAO, UNHCR, USAID, WFP and UN Habitat among others. Speaker National Assembly Dr. Fehmida Mirza, provincial ministers, Secretary General Salman Farooqui and senior federal and provincial government officials also attended the meeting.

The President said that food, shelter, water and sanitation, health and logistics were critical clusters and called upon the relevant UN agencies and donors to coordinate with Disaster Management Authority and relevant government departments for carrying out humanitarian assistance.

He said that all relevant state institutions including the army and navy had been geared to play their role in the relief work. The Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) and the Baitul Mal had also been mobilized to provide assistance and relief in cash and in kind.

The NADRA had started distribution of special ‘Pakistan Cards’ among the victims to ensure transparent distribution of relief goods among the needy. Over five thousand ‘Pakistan Cards’ had already been issued in Badin in first two days and the process was further being stepped up, he said.

The President thanked the UN Secretary General for launching an urgent international appeal for humanitarian assistance despite the donor’s fatigue due to so many hotspots in the world requiring urgent attention and assistance.

The President said that Badin and Thatta were needed to be given special attention in view of a huge body of stagnant water accumulated in Badin that had jeopardized life, livestock and agriculture on a massive scale.

The President said that he had also called upon experts to study the prospects of diverting the flood waters to natural storage reservoirs for use in the future.

He said that during the past few years the people of Pakistan had endured unspeakable hardships caused by huge calamities like earthquake, floods, rains and internal dislocation of millions of people (IDPs) besides the crippling blows of militancy and extremism.

“Pakistanis are a courageous and resilient people and have withstood all tribulations with hope and determination”, the President said and added that he was confident that they will overcome the present ordeal as well.

President Zardari thanked the representatives of UN agencies and donors for their support and said the government will extend all help in their task to provide relief and rehabilitation to the flood victims.

Farhatullah Babar said that the President then met heads of leading banks of the country to discuss the role banks could play in mitigating the sufferings of the people.

The meeting was attended by the head and representatives of State Bank of Pakistan, National Bank of Pakistan , MCB, Zari Tariqiati Bank, HBL, ABL, UBL, Meezan Bank, Askari Bank, Soneri Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, Bank Al-Habib and NIB bank among others.

Farhatullah Babar quoted the President as saying “over ninety percent of land in Sindh is owned by small farmers and the banks need to devise plans to provide financial relief to them”.

The President asked the State Bank of Pakistan to work with the commercial banks for urgently devising an appropriate plan to assist the farmers who had “lost not only their standing crops but their capacity to grow in the future”.

The meeting with the bankers was followed by a similar meeting with the businessmen, traders and representatives of Chambers of Commerce and Industry.

Addressing the meeting the President asked the businessmen and pharmaceutical companies to sit together and prepare a plan for combating the issue of spurious drugs and pesticides which had been raised by people in some flood affected areas.

He said that this issue could not be handled by the bureaucracy alone and it needed the support of business community “who knew both the holes and how to plug them”.

Governor Sindh Dr. Ishratul Ibad Khan also present in the meeting that was attended among others by the heads and representatives of FPCCI, KCCI, Pakistan Business Council, Overseas Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Karachi Stock Exchange and a large number of prominent businessmen.

The businessmen assured the President of the all out support of the business community in reaching out to the flood victims and help rehabilitate them with material and financial assistance.

0 Not allowed!

Quoted
    34 Post(s)

yeah yeah yeah listening to his (Zardari) word
    he is the biggest liar of all time
    so No dam gonna built forget it

0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12