So here it goes, I have got a toshiba satellite pro u200 laptop, When I got the laptop it was really nice as really fast as I put extra ram(4GB) in it but I accidently clicked on something in google chrome and I got a virus but I tried to fix it on my own, the laptop got slow but as it was working I left it at that.
Now recently I had a problem 2 months back when it stopped working and it took me a bit long to get it done but I got it fixed 3 days back. As soon as it got fixed, the laptop started updating everything but was really really slow, so much so that I couldnt even use skype on it.
Once the windows was updated, I tried chckdsk but it got stuck so I pressed the power button and switched it off(my bad). After I tried switching it on, it was giving me some kind of error where it couldnt read the disk and was saying something about CTRL+ALT+DEL. I tried to search on a different computer and in the end I put the windows xp cd and tried to repair it. I was abe to do chckdsk from command prompt and got it working again.
Now I have got windows running but many of the windows services are stopped, I cant open Internet explorer, There is no task bar or start menu. The windows takes alot longer to load. Seems like its pretty messed up.
1) Bootup is extremely slow.. after initial Windows load screen, it takes forever to bring up my account name so I can type in my password, after that it seems to boot at a normal rate.
2) Taskbar is missing, CTRL+ESC doesn't make it show up and the start menu is inaccessible
3) I can still run some programs by going into the Program Files folders... but most are unable to open.
4) Programs running can be minimized and switched between by using ALT+TAB but as the taskbar is missing, they can't be seen when minimized
5) Cannot copy & paste any sort of file or text, the only way to "move" a file is to open the file then "Save As.." in another location. Also, no files can be dragged anywhere, not even within the same folder
6) External speakers do not work, error sounds come from the internal speaker as a loud "BEEP"
Some might say that i should reinstall windows but that is my LAST option as i have got alot of important stuff in there and i dont really wanna lose anything hence trying my best to fix it.