* Abdul-Karim al-Jabbar (Sharmon Shah) - former NFL Football player
* Abdur Raheem Green
* Abu Tammam - 9th century Arab poet born to Christian parents.
* Abu Usamah - controversial American-born Imam of Green Lane Masjid in Birmingham, UK. Accused of preaching messages of hate towards non-Muslims in a UK Television documentary.
* Ahmad Rashād - Emmy award-winning sportscaster (mostly with NBC Sports) and former American football wide receiver.
* Ahmed Santos - Filipino, fugitive, founder of the Rajah Solaiman Movement & suspected by Filipino authorities to be an Al Qaeda operative converted from Catholicism
* Ahmad Thomson - British barrister and writer and also a member of the Murabitun movement.
* Akhenaton - French rapper and producer of French hip hop.
* Alexander Litvinenko - former FSB officer converted to Islam on his deathbed.
* Alexander Russell Webb - Former Presbyterian. American journalist, newspaper owner, and former Consul-General of the U.S.A. in the Philippines.
* André Carson - former Baptist, second Muslim to serve the United States Congress.
* Anthony Green or Abdul Raheem Green, Converted from Catholicism to Islam, and is now an Islamic lecturer.
* Art Blakey - American Jazz musician
* Aukai Collins - fought in Chechnya, paid FBI informant, author of an autobiographical book
* Anthony Mundine - former Australian rugby league player for the St George Illawarra Dragons and now a boxer
* Benjamin Chavis - controversial former head of the NAACP; joined the Nation of Islam.
* Bernard Hopkins - American boxer
* Betty Shabazz - wife of Malcolm X; former Methodist.
* Bilal Philips - Islamic scholar and author
* Bruno Metsu - French coach of the Senegal team at the 2002 FIFA World Cup
* Count Cassius- Visigothic aristocrat who founded the Banu Qasi dynasty of Muladi rulers.
* Chris Eubank - British boxer
* Claude Alexandre de Bonneval or Humbaracı Ahmet Paşa is 18th century French nobleman.
* Daniel Moore - poet 
* Danny Thompson - English double bass player converted from Catholicism.
* Danny Williams - British boxer
* David Belfield - American, fled to Iran after assassinating Ali Akbar Tabatabai, an Iranian dissident.
* David Benjamin Keldani, a former Catholic priest.
* Dave Chappelle - comedian and television star 
* Dawud Wharnsby Ali (David Wharnsby) - Canadian singer/poet.
* Elsa Kazi - German writer of one-act plays, short stories, novels and history, and one of the greatest poets of her time.
* Éric Abidal (changed his name to Bilal) - French football player, currently playing for FC Barcelona, converted to Islam after marriage.
* Everlast - Rapper from the Irish-American hip-hop group House of Pain, converted From Catholicism. 
* Franck Ribéry- a French football player. His name after he converted to Islam is Bilal.
* Gabriele Torsello - Italian freelance photojournalist based in London who was abducted in Helmand Province, Afghanistan.
* George XI of Kartli - Saffavid commander.
* Germaine Lindsay - one of the suicide terrorists in the 7 July 2005 London bombings in which 52 people were murdered.
* Hamza Yusuf - American convert from Greek Orthodox; head of the Zaytuna Institute.
* Hedley Churchward - English painter
* Ian Dallas - Shaykh Dr. Abdalqadir as-Sufi - Sufi shaykh of Scottish origins.
* Ibrahim Muteferrika (original name not known) - From Unitarian Christianity, an early example of a Muslim publisher and printer.
* Ice Cube - Superstar Rapper from compton to Nation of Islam
* Ilie II Rareş - prince of Moldavia.
* Ingrid Mattson - Canadian scholar and current president of the Islamic Society of North America (2006) converted From Catholicism.
* Isabelle Eberhardt - from Lutheran Christianity, 19th century explorer & writer
* Ivan Aguéli (Johan Agelii) - famous Swedish painter.
* Iyasu V - Ethiopian emperor.
* C. Jack Ellis - Mayor of Macon, Georgia
* Jacques-Francois Menou - French general under Napoleon I of France.
* James Yee - previously Lutheran and former U.S. Army Muslim chaplain.
* Jean de Béthencourt - French explorer who led an expedition to the Canary Islands.
* Jeffrey Lang, a mathematics professor in USA.
* Jerald F. Dirks, former ordained Deacon in United Methodist Church, Harvard Divinity School graduate and author of several book on Islam and Christianity.
* Jermaine Jackson (Muhammad Abdul Aziz) - former member of The Jackson 5.
* Jerôme Courtailler - one of two French brothers convicted by French authorities in 2004 for abetting terrorists
* Jimmy Cliff - Jamaican reggae musician.
* Joe Tex - soul singer and recording artist.
* Johann Ludwig Burckhardt was a Swiss traveller and orientalist.
* St. John Philby - Arabist, explorer, writer, and British colonial office intelligence operative; converted from Anglicanism.
* John Walker Lindh - the "American Taliban" converted From Catholicism
* John Whitehead - an American singer, songwriter, and record producer.
* John Nelson - first recorded Englishman to become a Muslim.
* Joseph Thomas - Australian convert, acquitted of terrorism charges, placed under a control order under the Australian Anti-Terrorism Act 2005, currently pending retrial.
* Judar Pasha - conqueror of the Songhai Empire.
* Kamala Surayya (Kamala Das) - Indian writer who wrote in English and Malayalam.
* Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Lew Alcindor) - retired basketball player & the NBA's all-time leading scorer
* Keith Ellison - American, Representative from Minnesota's 5th congressional district, first Muslim to be elected to the United States Congress, converted From Catholicism
* Kevin Barrett - university lecturer and member of Scholars for 9/11 Truth.
* Khalid Yasin - Executive Director of the Islamic Teaching Institute, and a Shaykh currently residing in Australia.
* Knud Holmboe - Danish journalist and explorer converted From Catholicism.
* Köse Mihal - a Byzantine renegade, he accompanied Osman al-Ghazi in his ascent to power and converted to Islam.
* Kumba Ialá - a Guinea-Bissau politician who converted in 2008.
* Dolores "LaLa" Brooks - American musician.
* Loon - American hip hop and rap artist 
* Lee Hughes - professional association football player, currently playing for Notts County F.C. 
* Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf (Chris Jackson) - retired basketball player
* Malcolm X - American, from Christianity to Nation of Islam to Sunni Islam, African-American civil rights leader.
* Marmaduke Pickthall - famous translator of the Quran.
* Mario Scialoja - Italian ambassador and President of the World Muslim League.
* Matthew Saad Muhammad (formerly Matthew Franklin) - former boxer, converted From Catholicism.
* Matthew Yusuf Smith, also known as Yusuf and Indigo Jo, author of the award winning blog Indigo Jo Blogs, where he muses about life and courts controversy
* Michael Muhammad Knight - American novelist, writer, and journalist.
* Mike Tyson - Is an American boxer to Sunni
* Mihnea Turcitul - was a Prince (Voivode) of Walachia. Converted from Eastern Orthodox Christianity.
* Mohammad Yousuf - Pakistani cricketer. Known for holding the world record for the most Test runs in a single calendar year, converted From Catholicism.
* Mohammed Knut Bernström - Swedish ambassador to Venezuela (1963–1969), Spain (1973–1976) and Morocco (1976–1983)
* Mohammed Zakariya - an American master of Arabic calligraphy, best known for his work on the popular Eid U.S. postage stamp.
* Muhammad Abd-al-Rahman Barker (Philip Barker) - professor of Urdu, former chair of the University of Minnesota's Department of South Asian studies and creator of the Tékumel fantasy world.
* Muhammad Ali (formerly Cassius Clay), from Baptist to The Nation of Islam to Sunni Islam. famous boxer.
* Muhammed al-Ahari born January 6, 1965 as Ray Allen Rudder is an American essayist, scholar and writer on the topics of American Islam, Black Nationalist groups, heterodox Islamic groups and modern occultism
* Murad Wilfred Hofmann - NATO official, converted From Catholicism
* Nicolas Anelka - French football player
* Nuh Ha Mim Keller - from Catholicism to agnosticism to Sunni Islam, Islamic scholar.
* Olu Dara (born Charles Jones III in Natchez, Mississippi on 12 January 1941) is an American cornetist, guitarist and singer
* Omar Bongo - Gabonese, President of Gabon.
* Omar Pasha - Ottoman general. Converted from Serbian Orthodoxy.
* Peter Murphy - vocalist of the goth/rock group Bauhaus, converted from Catholicism.
* Pierre Vogel - German Islamic preacher and former professional Boxer.
* Poncke Princen - Dutch soldier, later human rights activist, converted From Catholicism.
* Preacher Moss - Former Baptist, American comedian and comedy writer.
* Radu cel Frumos - was the younger brother of Vlad Ţepeş (Dracula) and prince of the principality of Wallachia, converted From Catholicism.
* René Guénon - French Author in the field of metaphysics, converted From Catholicism. 
* Richard Colvin Reid - shoe bomber (convicted terrorist) 
* Richard Thompson - British musician, best known for his guitar playing and songwriting.
* Robert D. Crane is the former adviser to the late President Richard Nixon, and is former Deputy Director (for Planning) of the U.S. National Security Council.
* Robin Padilla - Filipino actor.
* Roger Garaudy - French philosopher, converted From Catholicism.
* Ronald Bell or Khalis Bayyan (born 1 November 1951, Youngstown, Ohio) is an American singer, composer and saxophonist
* Rowland Allanson-Winn, 5th Baron Headley - British soldier and peer.
* Rudolf Carl von Slatin - Anglo-Austrian soldier and administrator in the Sudan. Later reverted to Catholicism. 
* Rustie Lee - British television chef and celebrity.
* Ruqaiyyah Waris Maqsood - British author, converted from Protestantism.
* Ryan G. Anderson - former Lutheran, convicted of charges of espionage for Al Qaeda
* Ryan Harris- football player for the Denver Broncos 
* RZA - Is an American rapper to Nation of Gods and Earths
* Salman the Persian A convert from Christianity who was previously Zoroastrian. In search for truth, he traveled to Syria to follow Christianity. Upon the death of his teachers, he was directed to head to Arabia, where he was told the final prophet will rise. He later converted to Islam and became one of Muhammad's first companions.
* Sana al-Sayegh, dean of the Science and Technology Faculty at Palestine International University, converted to Islam in August 2007. Fatah has accused its political rival Hamas of forcing the professor to convert from Christianity, a charge Hamas denies. 
* Sarah Joseph - commentator on women's issues and founder of emel magazine, converted From Catholicism.
* Brad Terrence Jordan ("Scarface") - American rapper
* Sheikh Sharifuddin Khalifa, Born to a catholic family, a young Sheikh who at the Age of 5, converted 1000 people to Islam and met the leader of Libya
* Silma Ihram - formerly a born again Baptist who is an Australian pioneer of Muslim education in the West, founder and former school Principal of the 'Noor Al Houda Islamic College', campaigner for racial tolerance, and Author.
* Siraj Wahaj - Former Baptist. African-American Imam, noted for his efforts to eliminate Brooklyn's drug problems.
* Sheila Musaji - founder of The American Muslim magazine.
* Suhaib Webb - American Islamic activist and speaker.
* Suleiman Pasha - French-born Egyptian commander.
* T. B. Irving - An American scholar, author and translator
* Tariq Abdul-Wahad (Olivier Saint-Jean) - originally from France, former basketball player for the Mavericks and Kings
* Tawana Brawley (changed her name to Maryam Muhammad) - African American woman noted for claiming to have been raped by several white men, a claim determined to be a fabrication by a grand jury. Later in life she converted to Islam.
* Tekuder - Mongol leader of the Ilkhan empire who was formerly a Nestorian Christian.
* Thomas J. Abercrombie - photographer
* Timothy Winter - prominent British Islamic thinker and scholar, and a lecturer in Islamic studies in the Faculty of Divinity at the University of Cambridge.
* Top Topham - rock guitarist from England.
* Torquato Cardilli - Italian ambassador, converted From Catholicism.
* T-pain - American R'N'B artist
* Vincenzo Luvineri - American rapper and the lyricist behind the Philadelphia underground hip-hop group Jedi Mind Tricks, converted From Catholicism.
* Wadih el-Hage born to a Maronite Christian family in Sidon, Lebanon, a former al-Qaeda member.
* William Abdullah Quilliam - 19th century British poet, ambassador and journalist.
* Willie Brigitte - French convert to Islam who associated with al-Qaeda in Pakistan and was possibly involved in a plot to conduct a terrorist operation in Australia.
* Yahiya Emerick - American Muslim scholar, President of the Islamic Foundation of North America, converted from Protestantism.
* Yasin Abu Bakr (Lennox Philip) - of Trinidad and Tobago, under trial for an attempted coup as of 9 March 2006
* Yusuf Estes - Former preacher and federal prison chaplain, converted from Protestantism.
* Yvonne Ridley - British journalist, from Anglicanism. She converted after being kidnapped and released by the Taliban.
* Zaid Shakir - American Muslim convert former Baptist, speaker, intellectual, author, and resident scholar of Zaytuna Institute in the United States.
* Zağanos Pasha - one of the prominent military commanders of Mehmet II (Mehmet the Conqueror) and a lala, at once an advisor, mentor, tutor, councillor, protector, for the sultan.[153