Thanks for nice sharing.....
- 4 cups homemade rice flour
- 1 cup sago (Sabudana/Tapioca)
- 2 cups curd
- 10-15 medium size green chilles paste
- 2 tbsp roasted channa dal powder
- salt to taste
Soak the rice for 4 hours, drain the water completely and pat it dry and make it a fine powder. Keep aside
Soak the sago in 1 cup curd for 2 hours.
Now mix the rice flour, soaked sago , green chillies paste, salt, roasted channa dal powder nicely. Then add little by little curd and check the consistency.Blend nicely until the prepared dough should not stick to the side of the vessel.
Heat oil to fry in a deep bottom pan,set the three hole plate in the jantikalu gottam/murukku press and now fill the dough in jantikalu gottam and slowly press one inch over the hot oil.
Fry on medium flame and flip it occasionally till it becomes golden brown and looks crispy. Remove it and place on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
Store it a air tight container once its completely cooled.
1. Oil should be properly heated initially medium to high flame and it should not be too hot as it will get charred and if too cold will not fry properly.
2. Adding roasted channa dal powder makes it more crispy.
3. The green chilli paste should be very fine otherwise it will stick to the plate inside the murukku press and dough will not come out smoothly
4. Sago should be properly soaked.To check if it is soaked properly press it between your fingertips and it should be completely soft.
› See More: Buttermilk Crispies