All Pakistani Dramas Lists
Latest Episodes of Dramas - Latest Politics Shows - Latest Politics Discussions

View RSS Feed

aasimhameed

Agenda for Change; Agenda for New Social Contract

Rate this Entry

AGENDA FOR CHANGE

Here’s what i think, should be introduced to bring to an end this culture of nepotism and corruption and circles of power, where power always keep on running between corrupt civil-military bureacracy and their off-springs ' politicians- our leaders. There is a dire need to bring ' power back to the people ‘. The civil limb of the corrupt civil-military bureacracy should be excised as explained below. This would mean that the military bureaucracy would have no civil limbs to stand upon, if they try to take over power illegally from democratic governments in future. This would effectively prevent bullsh-t warriors like ayub, Yahya, Zia and sharfoo dehlvi from taking power by brute force.

1- Legally the source of power in this country is the civil and military bureaucracy. The politicians we send to parliaments are ill-educated, produce of the civil-military establishment. The moment they are elected, they become part of the corrupt nexus. Here’s what should be done, maybe members can add :

a-
Educated, middle class is mobilized, in each province, on the settings of baloch nationalists, tehrik-e-insaaf in punjab and muhajir qaumi movement from sindh ( by MQM, i dont mean , third class goondas and clowns from muhajir community but an educated young lot, as it used to exsist before partition amongst the muhajir community who were known for their decency, education, language and civilisation. ). This has to be a national effort, where middle class will have to come together, gel together and merge into a forceful force. I, welcome Imran khan’s decision to work together with saner elements of muhajir coommunity in karachi.

This would invariably mean, elimination of parasite parties like peoples party and various kinds of leagues that exsist today.

A Federal state of MP’s should exsist, with representation from all provinces. There in no role for state MP’s at provincial level at all.

b-
Power to the people.
State machinery everywhere is run by 5 elements.

b1- police
b2- magistrate and law
b3- income tax officer
b4- patwaris [ land commisioners ]
b5- city councils as in united kingdom and in states

What is happening in pakistan?
Taxes are collected, passed onto provincial tax offices, from where they are transferred to state bank. These funds are exclusive right of the federal govt. bureacracy to distribute and use. Because they have this right to use funds as they like, they also have the right to make policies for the people. The people for which policies are made, are no where in the decision making loop. They are being used as slaves for income generation only.

When it comes to distribution, we are aware ,2 large chunks go to debt servicing and defence. Lets not discuss this for now.

Whats needs to be done?

a-
Establish small district authorities. Lets divide bigger cities and all provinces (i mean all provinces ) into smaller districts. Lets divide karachi or lahore into 10-15 districts, based on equal population. Lets not divide on basis of poverty or lack of development. Consider all pakistan totally poverty stricken and undeveloped.

b-
Allow the people of respective districts to choose locally, their own 5 pillars of administration as underlined before [ local police, magistrate, income tax officer, patwari and a small district council ]. All should be essentially local, resident in the area and well known, elected from the local population. They generate their own funds / budget, make their own development schemes ( water, health, education etc ) implement schemes through their own local mechanisms and therefore they are responsible for the eventual results and outcome and accountable to local populace.

c-
No more accumulation of funds and taxes to federation or even to provinces. Do away with a large plethora of provincial and federal bureacracy completely. The legal power to administer should be taken away from them and they should be entirely dissolved.

d-
The only thing available for federation should be defence of the state , central audit service which should have one representative from every district and foreign relations, which should be subject to regulations made by the federal state office of MP’s.
What is the purpose of an agricultural ministry and its bureacratic offices at federal level, federal finance ministry, customs, federal office of CBR , law ministry, media ministry, foreign ministry, communications ministry etc, etc, etc.

e-
As always, a vibrant judiciary acts as a vanguard against corruption at all levels.

f-
The federal state MP’s should ideally have only and only four roles:

f1- to co-ordinate ( but cannot over-rule )
activities of all the districts in pakistan into one cohesive network.
f2- to make foreign policies, based on a fact there are no permanent enemies or friends, only national interests are permanent.
f3- to organise and co-ordinate army
f4- audit examination through an independent audit commission with representation from supreme court and professional auditors. Inquiries passed onto supreme court for furthur action, as deemed necessary by the courts.

A lean and mean system can certainly be established, with the help of middle class. It most certainly needs a national drive and will of the poeple. The lawyers motivated the people to rise up for the indepenence of judiciary, this means it is achievable and possible with a national effort.

God be with us.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

but who gonna listen to this ...
    true, but azan is must, whether or not anyone listens.
    Thank you for your time, efforts and proposal
    Quote Originally Posted by abkhan
    Thank you for your time, efforts and proposal
    Happy Ramadhan to yourself and your family.

This was a proposal from a turkish lawmaker. I had simply moulded it into paakistani legal framework. I wanted to see the responses of the general public but hardly anyone read it or responded to it. People are more interested in tit for tat chit chat, as an evening leisure activity. These are signs of a dying nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by aasimhameed
    Happy Ramadhan to yourself and your family.

This was a proposal from a turkish lawmaker. I had simply moulded it into paakistani legal framework. I wanted to see the responses of the general public but hardly anyone read it or responded to it. People are more interested in tit for tat chit chat, as an evening leisure activity. These are signs of a dying nation.

Happy Ramadan to you and your family too

It is very interesting proposal actually ........ I had no idea about it till I visited your profile today. You are very right about the general attitude of our nation. I strongly encourage you to post it as a thread on political section so everyone could see and comment on it. Thanks