And you don’t know how it happens
    or where it gets its start
    But the happiness it brings you
    always gives a special lift
    Any you realize that friendship
    Is God’s most perfect gift.
  2. me waleed
    me waleed
    Friendship is like a prism through which the many variations of beauty are revealed in our lives.
  3. me waleed
    me waleed
    A memory lasts forever.
    Never does it die.
    True friends stay together.
    And never say goodbye.
  4. me waleed
    me waleed
    "Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
  5. me waleed
    me waleed
    Friendships are different from all other relationships. Unlike acquaintanceship, friendship is based on love. Unlike lovers and married couples, it is free of jealousy. Unlike children and parents, it knows neither criticism nor resentment. Friendship has no status in law. Business partnerships are based on a contract. So is marriage. Parents are bound by the law. But friendships are freely entered into, freely given, freely exercised.
  6. me waleed
    me waleed
    Friendship, “the wine of life,” should, like a well-stocked cellar, be continually renewed; and it is consolatory to think, that although we can seldom add what will equal the generous first growths of our youth, yet friendship becomes insensibly old in much less time than is commonly imagined, and not many years are required to make it mellow and pleasant. Warmth will, no doubt, make a considerable difference. Men of affectionate temper and bright fancy will coalesce a great deal sooner than those who are cold and dull.
  7. me waleed
    me waleed
    "A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil; but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small, silly presents every so often - just to save it from drying out completely."
  8. me waleed
    me waleed
    It is wise to apply the oil of refined politeness to the mechanisms of friendship.
  9. me waleed
    me waleed
    O friend, my bosom said,
    Through thee alone the sky is arched.
    Through thee the rose is red;
    All things through thee take nobler form,
    And look beyond the earth,
    The mill-round of our fate appears
    A sun-path in thy worth.
    Me too thy nobleness has taught
    To master my despair;
    The fountains of my hidden life
    Are through thy friendship fair.
  10. me waleed
    me waleed
    What is so great as friendship, let us carry with what grandeur of spirit we can. Let us be silent, -- so we may hear the whisper of the gods. Let us not interfere. Who set you to cast about what you should say to the select souls, or how to say any thing to such? No matter how ingenious, no matter how graceful and bland. There are innumerable degrees of folly and wisdom, and for you to say aught is to be frivolous. Wait, and thy heart shall speak. Wait until the necessary and everlasting overpowers you, until day and night avail themselves of your lips. The only reward of virtue is virtue; the only way to have a friend is to be one.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last