All Pakistani Dramas Lists
Latest Episodes of Dramas - Latest Politics Shows - Latest Politics Discussions

Page 18 of 18 First ... 8161718

Thread: Is it time for Gay rights in Pakistan???

saira211 is offline Junior Member
    Edit>

Quoted
    58 Post(s)

Is it time for Gay rights in Pakistan???

I don't think it is, since there is a long line of people demanding to be treated fairly. So when Women, Children and religious minorities will get rights perhaps gays will be next. SO wait 100 years my gay brothers and sisters and until then suffer at the hands of self righteous people.

Is it time for gay rights in Pakistan?

June 25, 2011

We have shunned millions of our brothers and sisters and they have given up all hope of finding support from us. PHOTO: AFP

Earlier this month, for the first time in its history, the United Nations (UN) passed a resolution to protect and uphold gay rights universally. The US Department of State successfully lobbied to bring under the banner of universal declaration of human rights, equal rights for lesbians, gays, and transgender people. The resolution was passed with 23 affirmations against 19 disavowals.While some of us celebrate this momentous turn in attitudes, it is sobering to note that it took the UN this long to recognise the oppressive violence faced by homosexuals everybody and to finally declare that yes, gays are human beings as well. We have got to somewhere, I suppose.Excerpts from some of the speeches on the floor were posted on the United Nations blog including the following statement from Pakistan:
    “Introducing new rights “may misinterpret the Universal Declaration of Human Rights…these attempts jeopardize the entire human rights framework,” and that “while considering the issue of human rights many things must be kept in mind… these things [gay rights] have nothing to do with fundamental human rights.”
    Similar repudiations citing religion, cultural and sociological arguments were made by Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Ghana, Nigeria, Mauritania, Uganda and several other Organisation for the Islamic Conference (OIC) countries.Whether Pakistanis like it or not, the resolution is binding on Pakistan as a member of the United Nations. Unfortunately, as the status quo goes, there is no enforcement mechanism to make violation of rights punishable. As hopeful as the global affirmation may seem, the situation in Pakistan is quite abysmal.A gay friend lamented:
    “The very term gay rights is an oxymoron here. There is no such thing. We have no rights in Pakistan.”
    Where does one even begin the debate in Pakistan?How do you get past the literal interpretation of religious texts that leave no room for such a debate?Islam if read as a monolith, stuck in time and fixed in space, will not allow equal rights to homosexuals.To change opinions in Pakistan, however, we need to be able to find solutions within the faith. Rebuttals and recantations will not win hearts and minds, we need to fight this battle employing the language that is heard and understood.There are several Muslim scholars who maintain accepting views on homosexuality, the discussions are available for anyone to peruse.In Indonesia during the Conference of Religions and Peace in 2008 it was concluded that homosexuals and homosexuality are natural and created by God, thus permissible within Islam. Siti Musdah Mulia cited al-Hujurat (49:3) from the Quran and said that one of the blessings for human beings was that all men and women are equal, regardless of ethnicity, wealth, social positions or even sexual orientation. She said:
    “There is no difference between lesbians and non-lesbians. In the eyes of God, people are valued based on their piety. And talking about piety is God’s prerogative to judge.”
    There are countless practicing Muslims who have managed to reconcile their sexual orientation and faith and find no reason to focus on conflict within the two. Some maintain blogs to document their every day experience while others prefer to challenge the plethora of preconceived notions through academic writing.Trouble is that such voices are few and far between. You don’t hear them because they are afraid to speak up. They are afraid for their life and safety of their loved ones if they come out.They are unwilling to be subjected to a lifetime of shame and ridicule.We have shunned millions of our brothers and sisters and they have given up all hope of finding support from us.UN resolutions are nice enough but they are a result of a decades-long struggle for equality, fairness and justice. It did not happen overnight. A million lives had to be sacrificed for a million more to speak up.Speaking up won’t be enough anymore. If we don’t yell, loudly and proudly to make ourselves heard, I’m afraid the battle will already be lost.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to saira211 For This Useful Post:

ashahid (06-27-2011), isheikh (06-28-2011), moazzamniaz (06-26-2011), rotomia2002 (06-26-2011), `BaaRisH` (06-26-2011)

ashahid is offline Banned
    amazed at the amount of
    political and religious scum
    in Pakistan!!!

Blog Entries
    Quoted
    1575 Post(s)

Re: Is it time for Gay rights in Pakistan???

Quote Originally Posted by Abu_Abdullah View Post
    I can understand ur problem but plz be patient I know u have been wicked by ur gay master but the only way is tell as early as possible to ur dad otherwise.......................!!! So u r admitting that u r king of disbelievers...!
    Disbelievers on your account, I will gladly accept and thurst it on my forehead for that would be the surest ticket to piety and sanctity. I holeheartedly disbelieve and disapprove of you with the bottom of my heart. The light of this 'kufr' is sparkling my heart and brain with a thousand horse power a second.

kaki is offline Junior Member
    Edit>

Blog Entries
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

Its amazing to see that this thread is still alive. Although its frustrating to see that intolerance to differences continue as usual. I remember I had similar views against homosexuality (although never expressed it so strongly). But one thing I learnt over many years is that no matter what you believe, its important to let others believe what they want to believe and practice as long as it doesn't impinge on your freedom. Like many on this forum, I see many homosexuals in the society, but I am fine with it. I am no one to judge anyone - the same way as I expect that others in the society should have no problem with my religion, Islam.

I think tolerance is the word!

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

And dont forget that its the heterosexual behaviour which we call 'normal' because of which our sisters and mothers fear to walk on the street, when men stare at them like they would do god knows what. I think any sexual behaviour, homo or hetero, when it affects others in the society is intolerable. What you do in your private life is your own business!

benice is offline Expert Member
    سبحان اللہ

Quoted
    1140 Post(s)

Originally Posted by ashahid
    Thats because if we were to simply read the verses and implement them verbatim, everyone of us would lose a hand and a head under one charge or the other. It requires methodical thoughts, wisdom and perspicacity to devise ways of enforcement of Quranic injunctions with a relevent and objective point of view. All of this is way too much for a zombie mind which is programmed to toe a fixed line mindlessly.

How many are without hands in Pakistan or just in Mullah community? Tell me the number because you claimed this that Mullahs follow verses after just by simply reading them and implement them as such. I need numbers. Don't start playing the Zombie record, that I already have many copies thanks to you.

Just give me scientific numbers to support your claim. Science and technology is your favorite. How many People without Hands among Muslim world?

Don't touch the Zombie Record !!!!!

humadoon is offline Star Member
    Edit>

Blog Entries
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Every citizen is entitled to equal rights... the society should discourage such behaviour but they dont need to punish people for being gay... its a simple rule if u are not gay then u are not gay..if you are then u are...

benice is offline Expert Member
    سبحان اللہ

Quoted
    1140 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by humadoon View Post
    Every citizen is entitled to equal rights... the society should discourage such behaviour but they dont need to punish people for being gay... its a simple rule if u are not gay then u are not gay..if you are then u are...
    Are you talking to Pakistanis or British people?

Star_Gazer is offline Banned

Quoted
    302 Post(s)

MashaAllah, that is a spiritual awakening call. I appreciate it very much for th effort you put into it. I hope there would be some to benefit from the this message of Truth from Quran and Sahih Hadith.

I have taken up the first quoted Ayat of Surah Al-Noor that you quoted, and would like to post a few more of the Ayats in that surah to highlight the issues presently hotly being debated and the relevance is so clear to see, for those who can see.

Quran : Surah Al-Noor [24]

''
    And why did you not, when you heard it, say "It is not right for us to speak of this. Glory is to You (O Allâh) this is a great lie." (16)

''Allâh forbids you from it and warns you not to repeat the like of it forever, if you are believers''. (17)

''And Allâh makes the Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) plain to you, and Allâh is All-Knowing, All-Wise''. (18)

''Verily, those who like that (the crime of) illegal sexual intercourse should be propagated among those who believe, they will have a painful torment in this world and in the Hereafter. And Allâh knows and you know not''. (19)

''And had it not been for the Grace of Allâh and His Mercy on you, (Allâh would have hastened the punishment upon you). And that Allâh is full of kindness, Most Merciful''. (20)

''O you who believe! Follow not the footsteps of Shaitân (Satan). And whosoever follows the footsteps of Shaitân (Satan), then, verily he commands Al-Fahshâ' [i.e. to commit indecency (illegal sexual intercourse)], and Al-Munkar [disbelief and polytheism (i.e. to do evil and wicked deeds; and to speak or to do what is forbidden in Islâm)]. And had it not been for the Grace of Allâh and His Mercy on you, not one of you would ever have been pure from sins. But Allâh purifies (guides to Islâm) whom He wills, and Allâh is All-Hearer, All-Knower''. (21)

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

I invite all to read the above Surah Al-Noor and see that Allah swt calls upon the believers to condemn the utterances of evil and disbelief by the mockers of Islam. And Allah swt further questions those who did not say so to stop the blasphemers. You and we are responsible for our actions.

'And why did you not, when you heard it, say "It is not right for us to speak of this. Glory is to You (O Allâh) this is a great lie." (16)

''Allâh forbids you from it and warns you not to repeat the like of it forever, if you are believers''. (17)

5Sense5 is offline Junior Member
    Edit>

Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I really hope that the situation will become stable and everyone will feel safe in this country. It is wrong that people should hide. Everyone should be able to be who he is and easily communicate both on sites like https: //www.gaysgodating.com and on the streets.

Page 18 of 18 First ... 8161718