All Pakistani Dramas Lists
Latest Episodes of Dramas - Latest Politics Shows - Latest Politics Discussions

Thread: Balochistan: The Gathering Storm

sahibzada77 is offline Junior Member
    Edit>

Quoted
    54 Post(s)

Post Balochistan: The Gathering Storm

If the recent news and developments are any indications, the situation in Balochistan are spiraling out of control, and fast. As a forum of those interested in the affairs of Pakistan, especially the country's politics, I would like to draw your attention to the issue. I also hope that we can have a constructive debate and share information.

Please feel free to add videos, news or other links of value. I am requesting the admin to make this thread sticky so it remains a constant reminder to us all.

Now here are some of the links that in my view are worth our time. Note that the issue of Balochistan is increasingly becoming an issue creating space for itself as international news item. I wish our own media could do more for on the ground coverage.

1. Balochistan: Pakistan's Other War
    Balochistan: Pakistan's other war - Al Jazeera World - Al Jazeera English

2. Akber S. Ahmed: Is Pakistan Heading for Disaster in Balochistan?
    Is Pakistan heading for disaster in Balochistan? - Opinion - Al Jazeera English

3. As for an international angle, if there were any doubts about involvement of countries such as Israel in recruiting in Balochistan, please read: Mark Perry's piece on Israeli recruitment of Pakistan-based Baloch group, Jundullah for activities across the border in Iran.

False Flag - By Mark Perry | Foreign Policy

If history is any litmus, the network of such groups always create a symbiotic relation with home-based elements. The rest you can understand.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sahibzada77 For This Useful Post:

__QanOOn__ (01-17-2012)

tariqmmalik is offline Expert Member
    Edit>

Quoted
    1452 Post(s)

Re: Balochistan: The Gathering Storm

Balochis are not even 2% of the total population of Pakistan. Out of these two percent, not even half a percent are against the state of Pakistan. So, we don't even give a damn about these traitors who are playing in the hands of the foreign powers. Out of the 72 tribes, only 3 are problematic; namely: Mari, Mengal, and Bhugti tribes. Screw them all.

apple4me is offline Banned
    Edit>

Quoted
    306 Post(s)

Mr tariqmilak
    you are right baoch are very few in number, believe me if they were more in numbers they got independence long time ago i am sure they would not make a mistake like bangalis of letting go 90 thousand people of punjab army free.
    shame on u, shame on u
    pakistan got independence in aug of 1947, balochistan was independent till may or june of 1948 , at that time balcohistan upper and lower assembly refuse to go with pakistan, but nawab of qallat was a very power man on his decision army went to balochistan and occupy it

punjab has most population but do u know how much punjab contribute in pakistan salana budget, less than 20 perent may be 17 or 18 percent. but punjab eat most of the money of pakistan budget it goes to army ( this army is punjabi, khawja asif of PML(N) said in tv show),, so in short punjab gives peanuts and eat almost all of the budget

bahi punjab is for punjabis, sindh is for sindhis, balochistan is for balochs . take out punjabi army from balochistan, swear to god if pakistan is broken in to four countries , punjab will be totally at lose , punjab has nothing to offer to large population, balochistan will be very rich country , that is why army and islamabad does not want to leave balochistan becaue it is feeding army and punjab, all general of punjab army who are involved in crime should be hang for crime in bangladesh and in sindh ( during MRD movement during zia ul haq , thousand of people killed by army, and in 1992 operation thousand again killed) and now balochistan , what about thousand of punjabis working and living in sindh and in balochistan? they will have to leave? please do not try to colonised balochistan by making punjabis abadis

You have to accept that balochistan is for balochs, not for punjabis or army, mengal is the biggist tribe and his chief has already said to pakistan PM that " he comes here to waste his time and our time" it is late but please accept the reality baloch never treated farily, cheap justis is a punjabi from baloch quota, orya maqbol jan was posted in balochistan as dept commissnor, stop treating other pakistanis as third grade citizen , this is the same way british used to rule us, why don't establisement do a refurandum in balochistan whether they want aazadi or not, these are bitter truth and reality( if u think i am telling lying, please bring the truth ) and as a pakistani we have to accept it , we all are pakistani , we have to respect each other, no matter what language we speak,

__QanOOn__ is offline ♡♥♡PTI♡♥♡
    "A man is enrolled near
    Allah as a liar if he is
    accustomed to false speaking
    and false discuss

Quoted
    2574 Post(s)

Very valid thread. It does not matter how many Balochs are in number but as citizens of Pakistan evey baloch and Pukhtoon and others living in Balochistan has and should have the same right as any other person living in Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar, Islamabad etc.
    This is the province which is been ignored in every Govt; and corrupt leaders have almost every time lotted the biggest province. They deserve better hospitals, roads, schools, colleges infact Blochistan needs a rebuild in simple.
    Thanks for the thread wise man.

Edit>

Quoted
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tariqmmalik View Post
    Balochis are not even 2% of the total population of Pakistan. Out of these two percent, not even half a percent are against the state of Pakistan. So, we don't even give a damn about these traitors who are playing in the hands of the foreign powers. Out of the 72 tribes, only 3 are problematic; namely: Mari, Mengal, and Bhugti tribes. Screw them all.
    It hurts to read through an opinion like this from a very reasonable person that I know you are from your earlier posts.

Ath3r is offline Banned
    SNIPER

Blog Entries
    Quoted
    2282 Post(s)

Apple4me:
    Well let me tell you that i belong from Quetta though i am not baloch or pukhtoon but know very much about the baloch culture and tribes due to the broad friend circle. My dear fellow i accept that due to that mismanagement of administrative authorities baluchistan is burning but may i know with all due respect what the hell baloch leaders did so far for the development of Balochi brothers and sisters yet....??

I studied in one of the very famous and most top of the class school of Quetta F G Public you know in my class mates i not found a single baloch mostly my class fellows were pukhtoon's, punjabi's and urdu speaking and 1 or 2 hazara's you know why because these balochi's dont provide education to their kids WHY???

PTI is offline Banned
    Edit>

Quoted
    2401 Post(s)

we lost Bengladesh on a Niazi's clock................... God save us if we loose Baluchistan through another Niazi !

Edit>

Quoted
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __QanOOn__ View Post
    Very valid thread. It does not matter how many Balochs are in number but as citizens of Pakistan evey baloch and Pukhtoon and others living in Balochistan has and should have the same right as any other person living in Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar, Islamabad etc.
    This is the province which is been ignored in every Govt; and corrupt leaders have almost every time lotted the biggest province. They deserve better hospitals, roads, schools, colleges infact Blochistan needs a rebuild in simple.
    Thanks for the thread wise man.
    I would go out on a limb in suggesting that development is not the only concern. The real issue is the sense of dishonor that has been forced down on the Baloch tribes in the shape of disappearances, mutilated remains of their people and the lack of concern vis-a-vis high profile murders such as that of Nawab Bugti.

These more visible and symbolic acts of arrogance on the part of the state of Pakistan, both perceived and real, has really started to jell together a narrative where the overall lack of development provides the reference that most baloch can attest to and recognize with, first hand.

The witch's brew as these elements are in and of themselves, the fact that international players with their own designs in the region are more than willing to lend their weight (read Kaplan, Harrison and their ilk in US think tanks plus reports of Israeli-indian-US support for Baloch nationalists of Iran and by default Pakistan).

Even that would be manageable if not for the fact that the ruling elite in Islamabad and Pindi are neither willing nor capable of dealing with the issue more tactfully.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ath3r View Post
    Apple4me:
    Well let me tell you that i belong from Quetta though i am not baloch or pukhtoon but know very much about the baloch culture and tribes due to the broad friend circle. My dear fellow i accept that due to that mismanagement of administrative authorities baluchistan is burning but may i know with all due respect what the hell baloch leaders did so far for the development of Balochi brothers and sisters yet....??

I studied in one of the very famous and most top of the class school of Quetta F G Public you know in my class mates i not found a single baloch mostly my class fellows were pukhtoon's, punjabi's and urdu speaking and 1 or 2 hazara's you know why because these balochi's dont provide education to their kids WHY???

Even if we were to accept your statement as the ultimate truth, namely, that the baloch leaders themselves are responsible for the misery of their people, the fact that we failed to communicate this message more effectively to the Baloch people should push us to work harder and more seriously.

Sweating more now to avoid shedding blood later should be the preferred route.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PTI View Post
    we lost Bengladesh on a Niazi's clock................... God save us if we loose Baluchistan through another Niazi !
    Dear friend,
    please don't turn this thread into yet another pointless pissing contest. From what i see, there are hundreds of threads on the forum that are doing just that.

Ath3r is offline Banned
    SNIPER

Blog Entries
    Quoted
    2282 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sahibzada77 View Post
    Even if we were to accept your statement as the ultimate truth, namely, that the baloch leaders themselves are responsible for the misery of their people, the fact that we failed to communicate this message more effectively to the Baloch people should push us to work harder and more seriously.

Sweating more now to avoid shedding blood later should be the preferred route.
    I think government on emergency bases should start educational projects in baluchistan specially in baloch areas like gawadar and turbat. Only 1 engineering university at the moment is in Baluchistan which is in Khuzdar and similarly only 1 medical college exist which is bolan medical college in Quetta and 1 university in Quetta. So for me to run the departments and to utilize the resources the most important tool is education and the fact is that Baluchistan is enrich in mines and minerals but we dont see skills in baloch people to utilize the resources properly on their own behalf, even not a good teachers are available in baloch to teach the children. So i must recommend that the government of Pakistan on emergency bases should provide the opportunities of education from the primary level to university level in their areas and i hope a better education will change the scenario and offcourse the mindset as well.

wellwisher is offline Star Member
    Edit>

Quoted
    292 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PTI View Post
    lol.. u will never let go any chance of taking potshots at IK..

__QanOOn__ is offline ♡♥♡PTI♡♥♡
    "A man is enrolled near
    Allah as a liar if he is
    accustomed to false speaking
    and false discuss

Quoted
    2574 Post(s)

Daily Express (17-01-2012)

http://www.express.com.pk/images/NP_...01427539-1.gif
    Attached Images Attached Images

Edit>

Quoted
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __QanOOn__ View Post

Not that I had any expectations from the ruling elite but it is evident from this news that even the pretense of concern is not there. May God have mercy on us.

junaiduthmani is offline Junior Member
    Edit>

Quoted
    68 Post(s)

Whatever the number of baluchis in total, for or against center, wrong is wrong and by hiding, it can not be made right. So many factors, so much propaganda, ordinary Pakistani is confused. I will wait for 23rd March, when IK will have rally in Quetta. I expect him to bring out facts and make policy for solution of this problem. Inshaallah. IK is far sighted and a fighter. He is the solution.

tariqmmalik is offline Expert Member
    Edit>

Quoted
    1452 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sahibzada77 View Post
    It hurts to read through an opinion like this from a very reasonable person that I know you are from your earlier posts.
    Hey, I don't know how my post came across to you, but let me clarify that the 'screw them all' comment is for the traitors and not all Baloch people.

@apple4me ,

My family was in the trucking business a long time ago, and once I had a chance to go with my uncle to meet some business people in Balochistan. Although, I was a kid back then, but I still remember the pathetic living conditions of the Baloch people. These people drank from the same pond in which the animals bathed; there were literally worms and insects of all kinds and people were drinking that water. I know in parts of Southern Punjab it is the same, but then again who is really responsible for all that? The government of Pakistan? No, not at all. It is the Baloch Sardars who don't give their people any of the funding they get from the Federal government. When someone tries to improve the living conditions of the Baloch people, these Sardar - under one pretext or another - start a rebellion.

Just look at the Balochistan cabinet. Except for one member, all are ministers. They are getting more funding than ever before but are they doing anything for the betterment of their people? Put the blame where it belongs. It is very easy for one to get emotional, but it is hard to face the truth.

Listen to this: Shall I speak the truth or bite my tongue.