All Pakistani Dramas Lists
Latest Episodes of Dramas - Latest Politics Shows - Latest Politics Discussions

Thread: Valentine's day: Jamiat-e-Ulama, Shiv Sena, in solidarity

      
   
  1. #1
    imrankhan1984's Avatar
    imrankhan1984 is offline Genius Member
    There are only 10 type people
    in this world. Those who
    understand Binary and those
    who Do not !!!
     
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Paris, Ile-de-France
    Posts
    2,727
    Quoted
    391 Post(s)

    Valentine's day: The other side!!!



    ---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------






    take it as fun only....
    Last edited by imrankhan1984; 02-14-2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason: title was not appropriate

  2. #2
    perfect stranger is offline وطن دوست
    قلم زبان
    ۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔
     
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    dunia
    Posts
    14,411
    Blog Entries
    21
    Quoted
    7409 Post(s)

    Re: Valentine's day: Jamiat-e-Ulama, Shiv Sena, in solidarity

    imrankhan1984 , kia mein aap ki beti behan ko love letter send ker sakta hon?

  3. #3
    imrankhan1984's Avatar
    imrankhan1984 is offline Genius Member
    There are only 10 type people
    in this world. Those who
    understand Binary and those
    who Do not !!!
     
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Paris, Ile-de-France
    Posts
    2,727
    Quoted
    391 Post(s)

    Re: Valentine's day: Jamiat-e-Ulama, Shiv Sena, in solidarity

    Quote Originally Posted by lllcolumbuslll View Post
    @imrankhan1984 , kia mein aap ki beti behan ko love letter send ker sakta hon?
    I've only posted the news... I found column somewhat hilarious and did not say anything what is right and what is wrong... its up to readers to think...

    I know you must have taken steps so that I cannot write letter to you sister or daughter... but have you considered the possibility of your sister/daughter writing a love letter?

    Building ki foundation agar strong ho gi to koi toofan kuch nahin kar sakey ga...

    So instead of showcasing your pseudo-intellectualism here... make sure no letter comes out from your house...


    Also I did not know that you get e***tion even reading Valentine's day word.... my sympathies....!!!

  4. #4
    saboorkhan's Avatar
    saboorkhan is offline Junior Member
    تیرا وجود سراپا
    تجلی افرنگ، کہ
    تو وہاں کے عمارت
    گروں کی
     
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    275
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

    Re: Valentine's day: Jamiat-e-Ulama, Shiv Sena, in solidarity

    Yaar imrankhan1984-146438, I thought PTI supporters Allah ka dar khuf aur Rasul SAW se mohabbat karne wale log hain! IK always talk about his strong eeman & how he realized that Western family values are broken!

    My vote is for those who have fear of Allah!

  5. #5
    imrankhan1984's Avatar
    imrankhan1984 is offline Genius Member
    There are only 10 type people
    in this world. Those who
    understand Binary and those
    who Do not !!!
     
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Paris, Ile-de-France
    Posts
    2,727
    Quoted
    391 Post(s)

    Re: Valentine's day: Jamiat-e-Ulama, Shiv Sena, in solidarity

    Quote Originally Posted by saboorkhan View Post
    Yaar @imrankhan1984 -146438, I thought PTI supporters Allah ka dar khuf aur Rasul SAW se mohabbat karne wale log hain! IK always talk about his strong eeman & how he realized that Western family values are broken!

    My vote is for those who have fear of Allah!
    Where did I say celebrate valentines day? I'm not responsible for your wrong assumptions...

  6. #6
    Muhammad Bhatti is offline Star Member
    Edit>
     
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,999
    Quoted
    792 Post(s)

    Re: Valentine's day: Jamiat-e-Ulama, Shiv Sena, in solidarity

    Quote Originally Posted by imrankhan1984 View Post
    I've only posted the news... I found column somewhat hilarious and did not say anything what is right and what is wrong... its up to readers to think...

    I know you must have taken steps so that I cannot write letter to you sister or daughter... but have you considered the possibility of your sister/daughter writing a love letter?

    Building ki foundation agar strong ho gi to koi toofan kuch nahin kar sakey ga...

    So instead of showcasing your pseudo-intellectualism here... make sure no letter comes out from your house...


    Also I did not know that you get e***tion even reading Valentine's day word.... my sympathies....!!!
    That why it is said think before doing any wrong so you don't regret it afterward first go and check why West celebrate it. In remembrance of illegimate sex between a Priest and her lover.

  7. #7
    imrankhan1984's Avatar
    imrankhan1984 is offline Genius Member
    There are only 10 type people
    in this world. Those who
    understand Binary and those
    who Do not !!!
     
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Paris, Ile-de-France
    Posts
    2,727
    Quoted
    391 Post(s)

    Re: Valentine's day: Jamiat-e-Ulama, Shiv Sena, in solidarity

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Bhatti View Post
    That why it is said think before doing any wrong so you don't regret it afterward first go and check why West celebrate it. In remembrance of illegimate sex between a Priest and her lover.

    I didn't knew that posting news from Express Tribune and sharing a column from Daily Jang was a mistake... Oh... how guilty I am!!!!

  8. #8
    Muhammad Bhatti is offline Star Member
    Edit>
     
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,999
    Quoted
    792 Post(s)

    Re: Valentine's day: Jamiat-e-Ulama, Shiv Sena, in solidarity

    Quote Originally Posted by imrankhan1984 View Post
    I didn't knew that posting news from Express Tribune and sharing a column from Daily Jang was a mistake... Oh... how guilty I am!!!!
    Sorry, If I hurt your feeling. I am just saying its better not to talk and spread what is totally irrelevant for our society.

  9. #9
    Muhammad Khan's Avatar
    Muhammad Khan is offline Star Member
    Eluded
     
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    London, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    1,296
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)

    Re: Valentine's day: Jamiat-e-Ulama, Shiv Sena, in solidarity

    Quote Originally Posted by imrankhan1984 View Post
    Where did I say celebrate valentines day? I'm not responsible for your wrong assumptions...
    The titleValentine's day: Jamiat-e-Ulama, Shiv Sena, in solidarity

    is a little misleading, an ordinary reader is getting the contention that U r criticizing Jamiat for rejecting the Valentine day. But i agree that we should not judge others without knowing them.

  10. #10
    imrankhan1984's Avatar
    imrankhan1984 is offline Genius Member
    There are only 10 type people
    in this world. Those who
    understand Binary and those
    who Do not !!!
     
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Paris, Ile-de-France
    Posts
    2,727
    Quoted
    391 Post(s)

    Re: Valentine's day: Jamiat-e-Ulama, Shiv Sena, in solidarity

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Bhatti View Post
    Sorry, If I hurt your feeling. I am just saying its better not to talk and spread what is totally irrelevant for our society.
    no issue its better to clear any misunderstanding...

    ---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Khan View Post
    The titleValentine's day: Jamiat-e-Ulama, Shiv Sena, in solidarity

    is a little misleading, an ordinary reader is getting the contention that U r criticizing Jamiat for rejecting the Valentine day. But i agree that we should not judge others without knowing them.
    Agreed about title....

  11. #11
    Muhammad Khan's Avatar
    Muhammad Khan is offline Star Member
    Eluded
     
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    London, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    1,296
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)

    Re: Valentine's day: Jamiat-e-Ulama, Shiv Sena, in solidarity

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Bhatti View Post
    Sorry, If I hurt your feeling. I am just saying its better not to talk and spread what is totally irrelevant for our society.
    I wish if it was irrelevant to our society, but the fact is opposite.

  12. #12
    Muhammad Bhatti is offline Star Member
    Edit>
     
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,999
    Quoted
    792 Post(s)

    Re: Valentine's day: Jamiat-e-Ulama, Shiv Sena, in solidarity

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Khan View Post
    I wish if it was irrelevant to our society, but the fact is opposite.
    It because of Media who is promoting these things more then our own festivals. Not telling truth why west celebrate it. ILLEGIMATE SEX DAY>


  13. #13
    Muhammad Khan's Avatar
    Muhammad Khan is offline Star Member
    Eluded
     
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    London, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    1,296
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)

    Re: Valentine's day: Jamiat-e-Ulama, Shiv Sena, in solidarity

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Bhatti View Post
    It because of Media who is promoting these things more then our own festivals. Not telling truth why west celebrate it. ILLEGIMATE SEX DAY>

    I blame our slave mentality rather than media. We are ashamed of our own rich culture and embracing the west cheap customs. If we had a strong belief in Allah, media would not be able to disguide us. Besides, media reflects our interests and likes. U know PUBLIC DEMAND.

  14. #14
    apple4me is offline Banned
    Edit>
     
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    logic that never dies
    Posts
    975
    Quoted
    306 Post(s)

    Re: Valentine's day: Jamiat-e-Ulama, Shiv Sena, in solidarity

    when i read view about the valentines day from the geat self proclamed pilospher of ur time infact all times in human history. and this great pilospher and thinker or story teller ( same thing) is still alive and lives among us , this is our honor that we can see his face and get faizyaab from his self made histor which he made in his toilet while doing ...... and at the same time think about the baysabati of the world. thank u the great philospher of all time for ur toilet made history. and following is the example of that toilet made history

    irshadat of mohammad bhatti (ra) --- valentines day is made as illegimate sex between priest and his girl friend.

    Now i am writing the history of valentines day from history.com . please read it and say and pray as much pitkar on this self toilet made history of the great philospher. and i humble request to goverment of pakistan when this great toilet thinker and philosper dies , please made his mazar next to mahraja ranjit singh the lion of punjab ( after asking indian goverment) and put atleast 100 soliders of his mazar to guard, so he never be able to run away from his stinky qabar.


    The Legend of St. Valentine

    The history of Valentine's Day--and the story of its patron saint--is shrouded in mystery. We do know that February has long been celebrated as a month of romance, and that St. Valentine's Day, as we know it today, contains vestiges of both Christian and ancient Roman tradition. But who was Saint Valentine, and how did he become associated with this ancient rite?

    The Catholic Church recognizes at least three different saints named Valentine or Valentinus, all of whom were martyred. One legend contends that Valentine was a priest who served during the third century in Rome. When Emperor Claudius II decided that single men made better soldiers than those with wives and families, he outlawed marriage for young men. Valentine, realizing the injustice of the decree, defied Claudius and continued to perform marriages for young lovers in secret. When Valentine's actions were discovered, Claudius ordered that he be put to death.

    Other stories suggest that Valentine may have been killed for attempting to help Christians escape harsh Roman prisons, where they were often beaten and tortured. According to one legend, an imprisoned Valentine actually sent the first "valentine" greeting himself after he fell in love with a young girl--possibly his jailor's daughter--who visited him during his confinement. Before his death, it is alleged that he wrote her a letter signed "From your Valentine," an expression that is still in use today. Although the truth behind the Valentine legends is murky, the stories all emphasize his appeal as a sympathetic, heroic and--most importantly--romantic figure. By the Middle Ages, perhaps thanks to this reputation, Valentine would become one of the most popular saints in England and France.
    Origins of Valentine's Day: A Pagan Festival in February

    While some believe that Valentine's Day is celebrated in the middle of February to commemorate the anniversary of Valentine's death or burial--which probably occurred around A.D. 270--others claim that the Christian church may have decided to place St. Valentine's feast day in the middle of February in an effort to "Christianize" the pagan celebration of Lupercalia. Celebrated at the ides of February, or February 15, Lupercalia was a fertility festival dedicated to Faunus, the Roman god of agriculture, as well as to the Roman founders Romulus and Remus.

    To begin the festival, members of the Luperci, an order of Roman priests, would gather at a sacred cave where the infants Romulus and Remus, the founders of Rome, were believed to have been cared for by a she-wolf or lupa. The priests would sacrifice a goat, for fertility, and a dog, for purification. They would then strip the goat's hide into strips, dip them into the sacrificial blood and take to the streets, gently slapping both women and crop fields with the goat hide. Far from being fearful, Roman women welcomed the touch of the hides because it was believed to make them more fertile in the coming year. Later in the day, according to legend, all the young women in the city would place their names in a big urn. The city's bachelors would each choose a name and become paired for the year with his chosen woman. These matches often ended in marriage.
    Valentine's Day: A Day of Romance

    Lupercalia survived the initial rise of Christianity and but was outlawed—as it was deemed “un-Christian”--at the end of the 5th century, when Pope Gelasius declared February 14 St. Valentine's Day. It was not until much later, however, that the day became definitively associated with love. During the Middle Ages, it was commonly believed in France and England that February 14 was the beginning of birds' mating season, which added to the idea that the middle of Valentine's Day should be a day for romance.

    Valentine greetings were popular as far back as the Middle Ages, though written Valentine's didn't begin to appear until after 1400. The oldest known valentine still in existence today was a poem written in 1415 by Charles, Duke of Orleans, to his wife while he was imprisoned in the Tower of London following his capture at the Battle of Agincourt. (The greeting is now part of the manuscript collection of the British Library in London, England.) Several years later, it is believed that King Henry V hired a writer named John Lydgate to compose a valentine note to Catherine of Valois.

  15. #15
    AawarA's Avatar
    AawarA is offline Senior Member
    sick of western boot lickers
     
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    891
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

    Re: Valentine's day: Jamiat-e-Ulama, Shiv Sena, in solidarity



  16. #16
    amir5017 is offline Junior Member
    Edit>
     
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    249
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)

    Re: Valentine's day: Jamiat-e-Ulama, Shiv Sena, in solidarity

    جو ویلانٹین ڈے مناۓ گا گا وہ جہنم میں جاۓ گا ، کیوں کے اس کو منا نے سے پاکستان اور اسلام تباہ ہو سکتا ہے . اگر آپ کے ارد گرد کوئی بھی پھول اور چوکلیٹ کی بات کرے یا لال رنگ کا غبارہ لے کر آے تو فوری طور پر پاکستان ور اسلام کے نام پر اس پر ڈنڈوں سے حملہ کردیں …..ثواب دارین ہوگا

  17. #17
    Muhammad Bhatti is offline Star Member
    Edit>
     
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,999
    Quoted
    792 Post(s)

    Re: Valentine's day: Jamiat-e-Ulama, Shiv Sena, in solidarity

    Quote Originally Posted by apple4me View Post
    when i read view about the valentines day from the geat self proclamed pilospher of ur time infact all times in human history. and this great pilospher and thinker or story teller ( same thing) is still alive and lives among us , this is our honor that we can see his face and get faizyaab from his self made histor which he made in his toilet while doing ...... and at the same time think about the baysabati of the world. thank u the great philospher of all time for ur toilet made history. and following is the example of that toilet made history

    irshadat of mohammad bhatti (ra) --- valentines day is made as illegimate sex between priest and his girl friend.

    Now i am writing the history of valentines day from history.com . please read it and say and pray as much pitkar on this self toilet made history of the great philospher. and i humble request to goverment of pakistan when this great toilet thinker and philosper dies , please made his mazar next to mahraja ranjit singh the lion of punjab ( after asking indian goverment) and put atleast 100 soliders of his mazar to guard, so he never be able to run away from his stinky qabar.


    The Legend of St. Valentine

    The history of Valentine's Day--and the story of its patron saint--is shrouded in mystery. We do know that February has long been celebrated as a month of romance, and that St. Valentine's Day, as we know it today, contains vestiges of both Christian and ancient Roman tradition. But who was Saint Valentine, and how did he become associated with this ancient rite?

    The Catholic Church recognizes at least three different saints named Valentine or Valentinus, all of whom were martyred. One legend contends that Valentine was a priest who served during the third century in Rome. When Emperor Claudius II decided that single men made better soldiers than those with wives and families, he outlawed marriage for young men. Valentine, realizing the injustice of the decree, defied Claudius and continued to perform marriages for young lovers in secret. When Valentine's actions were discovered, Claudius ordered that he be put to death.

    Other stories suggest that Valentine may have been killed for attempting to help Christians escape harsh Roman prisons, where they were often beaten and tortured. According to one legend, an imprisoned Valentine actually sent the first "valentine" greeting himself after he fell in love with a young girl--possibly his jailor's daughter--who visited him during his confinement. Before his death, it is alleged that he wrote her a letter signed "From your Valentine," an expression that is still in use today. Although the truth behind the Valentine legends is murky, the stories all emphasize his appeal as a sympathetic, heroic and--most importantly--romantic figure. By the Middle Ages, perhaps thanks to this reputation, Valentine would become one of the most popular saints in England and France.
    Origins of Valentine's Day: A Pagan Festival in February

    While some believe that Valentine's Day is celebrated in the middle of February to commemorate the anniversary of Valentine's death or burial--which probably occurred around A.D. 270--others claim that the Christian church may have decided to place St. Valentine's feast day in the middle of February in an effort to "Christianize" the pagan celebration of Lupercalia. Celebrated at the ides of February, or February 15, Lupercalia was a fertility festival dedicated to Faunus, the Roman god of agriculture, as well as to the Roman founders Romulus and Remus.

    To begin the festival, members of the Luperci, an order of Roman priests, would gather at a sacred cave where the infants Romulus and Remus, the founders of Rome, were believed to have been cared for by a she-wolf or lupa. The priests would sacrifice a goat, for fertility, and a dog, for purification. They would then strip the goat's hide into strips, dip them into the sacrificial blood and take to the streets, gently slapping both women and crop fields with the goat hide. Far from being fearful, Roman women welcomed the touch of the hides because it was believed to make them more fertile in the coming year. Later in the day, according to legend, all the young women in the city would place their names in a big urn. The city's bachelors would each choose a name and become paired for the year with his chosen woman. These matches often ended in marriage.
    Valentine's Day: A Day of Romance

    Lupercalia survived the initial rise of Christianity and but was outlawed—as it was deemed “un-Christian”--at the end of the 5th century, when Pope Gelasius declared February 14 St. Valentine's Day. It was not until much later, however, that the day became definitively associated with love. During the Middle Ages, it was commonly believed in France and England that February 14 was the beginning of birds' mating season, which added to the idea that the middle of Valentine's Day should be a day for romance.

    Valentine greetings were popular as far back as the Middle Ages, though written Valentine's didn't begin to appear until after 1400. The oldest known valentine still in existence today was a poem written in 1415 by Charles, Duke of Orleans, to his wife while he was imprisoned in the Tower of London following his capture at the Battle of Agincourt. (The greeting is now part of the manuscript collection of the British Library in London, England.) Several years later, it is believed that King Henry V hired a writer named John Lydgate to compose a valentine note to Catherine of Valois.
    APPLE CHARIYA STUDY AND TELL ME IT IS NOT ILLEGALSEX THEN WHAT, IF YOU CAN,T UBDERSTAND ENGLISH THEN GET IT TRANSLATED

    The Hidden Truth About Valentine's Day:
    Origins of Valentine's Day


    When we think of Valentine's Day, we call to mind hearts, chocolates, flowers and xpressions of love. Yet before joining in the fun, wouldn't it be wise to know where this tradition came from?

    First, we should understand that Valentine's Day began when the early Roman catholic Church tried to Christianize anancient pagan Roman holiday called Lupercalia. That celebration was alicentious festival that honored Lupercus, the hero-hunter of wolves. This festival was so immensely popular among the Roman people that church leaders included it in their calendar, hoping to retain their newparishioners and turn them from sexual licentiousness to morality by linking it to a saint.

    The saint they chose for this mid-February Roman festival was St. Valentine. One source explains: "St.Valentine is believed to have been a Roman priest who was martyred on this day[February 14] around [A.D.] 270. How he became the patron saint of lovers remains a mystery, but one theory is that the Church used the day of St.Valentine's martyrdom in an attempt to Christianize the old Roman Lupercalia, apagan festival held around the middle of February.

    "Partof the ancient ceremony entailed putting girls' names in a box and letting theboys draw them out. Couples would thus be paired off until the following year. The Church substituted saints' names for girls'names, in the hope that the participant would model his life after the saint whosename he drew.

    "But by the 16th century, it was once again girls' names that ended up in the box. Eventually the custom of sending anonymous cards or messages to those one admired became the accepted way of celebrating St. Valentine's Day" (Helene Henderson and Sue Ellen Thompson,editors, Holidays, Festivals, and Celebrations of the World Dictionary, "Valentine'sDay," 2005, p. 576).

    Although all historical sources contain some of the same notions about how Valentine's Day developed, each one highlights another facet of the story. Another states: "Some people have tried to connect the historical Saint Valentine with the laterpractices of Valentine's Day by saying that the saint married couples despite the emperor's prohibition, or that he sent a note signed 'from your Valentine'to the daughter of his jailer.

    "However,the early Christian saint Valentine probably had nothing to do with the traditions later celebrated on his feast day;it is simply by his placement in the Christian calendar that his name became associated with it. Later, the word valentine may have been confused with the Norman French word galantine, meaning lover of women, as the gand v were often interchangeable in common pronunciation.

    "In any case, February 14 gradually became a traditional date for exchanging love messages, and SaintValentine became the patron saint of lovers" (Macmillan Profiles:Festivals and Holidays, 1999, p. 363).

    Theories differ as to how a holiday for lovers developed in February. Some think the mating of birds at that time of year is connected with the tradition:
    "One is based on the belief throughout rural Europe during the Middle Ages that the birds began to mate on February 14. Chaucer, in his 'Parliament of Foules,' refers to the belief inthis way: For this was Seynt Valentyne's day. When every foul cometh ther tochoose his mate" (Stephen Christianson, The American Book of Days, 2000,p. 139).

    Regardlessof the varied sources and ambiguous history of Valentine's Day, a few identifiable points continue to surface: Valentine's Day originated with an ancient pagan Roman feast called Lupercalia. That festival was based on fertility and sexual licentiousness. In the third century, the Roman Catholic Church attempted to Christianize the ancient festival practice by naming itafter a martyr.

    The hope was that the festival adherents would thereafter follow the examples of church saints, no longerengaging in the ancient practice of free sex while honoring an ancient god.Despite some success, the holiday still contributes to immorality among many and promotes a wrong view of love.


    Last edited by Muhammad Bhatti; 02-15-2012 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Correction

  18. #18
    Muhammad Bhatti is offline Star Member
    Edit>
     
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,999
    Quoted
    792 Post(s)

    Re: Valentine's day: Jamiat-e-Ulama, Shiv Sena, in solidarity

    Apple4me, Aaqal kay andhay jawab mila yaa abhi tak tamak tohian hee mar rahay hoo.

  19. #19
    apple4me is offline Banned
    Edit>
     
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    logic that never dies
    Posts
    975
    Quoted
    306 Post(s)

    Re: Valentine's day: Jamiat-e-Ulama, Shiv Sena, in solidarity

    oh bhai great selfproclamd philospher , it seems it take u too long to answer the thread, but i did not post the thread from a german or japanis site , this site is called history. com not roman catholic.com. and please tell me from where u copy this article, from some dumhead islami so mufakir .please let me know i will be great full to u ( seriously). please let me know from where u copy this article. pleae let me know from where u copy this article . pllease write the name of the book or person

    do not take the one story and make it as it is the whole truth or nothing. valentine day is celebrated in mostly protesten christian like, great britian, america etc, every country has its own roots to celebrate valentines day, roman catholic are more than one billion but the countries i mention are not roman catholic, in pakistan we can celebrate valentine day for rememerance of love between saassi punnu, heer rahja, omer marvi, soni mahival

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in