Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Sects Are Haram In Islam By Dr.Zakir Naik

suave is offline Expert Member
    Cosmopolitan!

Quoted
    775 Post(s)

Lightbulb Sects Are Haram In Islam By Dr.Zakir Naik

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to suave For This Useful Post:

Adiva Afafa (02-21-2012), Ammy_769 (02-21-2012), armas (02-23-2012), ~spr!ng~ (02-21-2012), Daniel-7 (02-21-2012), DilDil (02-21-2012), fat girl (02-21-2012), Nawi (02-22-2012), perfect stranger (02-21-2012), ridaa62 (02-21-2012), romesa (02-21-2012), saimaa (02-21-2012), yacir (02-21-2012)

yacir is offline Expert Member
    saying :
    Shikwa-e-Zulmat-e-Shab se to
    kahin behtar tha ... Apne
    hisse ki koi shamma jalatay
    jatay!

Quoted
    1252 Post(s)

Re: Sects Are Haram In Islam By Dr.Zakir Naik

Quote Originally Posted by bullayshah View Post
    1- I know very well that you are wrong in judging me.
    2- Islam is 100%. There is no concept of 75% or 25%. Who told you I fight for some 25% ? Did you see me doing suicide bombing in Zakir's home ?
    3- Why are you not helping me ? How do I know that it is same debate ?
    4- You do not know about the classification of Tawheed made by Najdis ? You do not know about the concept of sky god of Najdis ? Najdis blame others for shirk you do not even know this ? How innocent you are.
    5- You are blaming me wrongly. Read the Ayat again....Verily, those who divide their religion and break up into sects (all kinds of religious sects), you (O Muhammad SAW) have no concern in them in the least. Their affair is only with Allah, Who then will tell them what they used to do [6:159]
    Where did I disagree ?
    6- Who will decide what is right and what is not ? Who will decide what is the interpretation of Quran and Hadees? Not Zakir ofcourse! What is the benefit of the Hadees that I quoted above ? Why did the Last Messenger peace be upon him say these Hadees to us ? Do you mean that these Hadees are a waste of time for us when Allah swt has to decide ? or do you mean these Hadees are for us to be careful about the satanic allies that will arse from Najd ? You are confusing me.
    1- that is sadly not true
    2- if you dont understand m example of 75% or 25%, what can i say! . I am not referring to you in person when I said "you keep fighting", i was reffering to stubbun mindset who stick to Ikhtilaf and keep fighting over it leaving behind the more important things on which Ummah has consensus.
    3- I am telling that to you! and if you are not bothered to search yourself, why would I?
    4- I have no idea of such crap .... I remember someone posted that long article on the forum , maybe u but i am not sure...but I dont give any importance to things which i dont know if they are true or not! secondly, i dont know who those "najdis" are that mentioned in Hadith.
    5- Read the Ayat again ... you will get the point where you are disagreeing with it.
    Verily, those who divide their religion and break up into sects (all kinds of religious sects),
    you (O Muhammad SAW) have no concern in them in the least. Their affair is only with Allah, Who then will tell them what they used to do [6:159]
    6- NO, i am not saying that those hadeeth are waste of time (nauzubillah). All i am saying that I am NOT QUALIFIED to apply these to certain people and identify the Satanic Head! you think you are qualified enough , that is up to you, you will be answerable for that .. and i will be answerable for m inability.

But if someone comes to me and say that the "Head of Satan" mentioned in hadeeth is actually refers to my Sufi brother - I CANNOT agree
    if someone comes to me and say that the "Head of Satan" mentioned in hadeeth is actually refers to my Salafi brother - I CANNOT agree
    if someone comes to me and say that the "Head of Satan" mentioned in hadeeth is actually refers to my xyz brother - I CANNOT agree
    I leave this to Allah ... admitting my inability to identify it at this very moment.

---------- Post added at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 AM ----------

As I said that i do not have qualification to debate on this issue, just asking you for m knowledge.

1- I am sure that you follow an important methodology to understand Quran and Hadith that you NEVER take a verse or hadeeth in ISOLATION. right?
    I have read your scientefic proofs that Najd could not be Iraq completely ignoring a SAHIH Hadeeth of Sahih Mulsim that tells us that Sahabah RA identified the Najd of that particular hadeeth as IRAQ ( as he is addressing to the people of Iraq in this hadeeth). should I give preference to geo-informational evidence over the sahih hadeeth and understanding of Sahabah?

Muslim :: Book 41 : Hadith 6943
    Ibn Fudail reported on the authority of his father that he heard Salim b. 'Abdullah b. 'Umar as saying: O people of Iraq, how strange it is that you ask about the minor sins but commit major sins? I heard from my father 'Abdullah b. 'Umar, narrating that he heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying while pointing his hand towards the east: Verily. the turmoil would come from this side, from where appear the horns of Satan and you would strike the necks of one another; and Moses killed a person from among the people of Pharaoh unintentionally and Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, said:" You killed a person but We relieved you from the grief and tried you with (many a) trial" (xx. 40). Ahmad b. Umar reported this hadith from Salim, but he did not make a mention of the words:" I heard".

2- This hadeeth also mentions of earthquakes. do we have evidence of such earthquakes yet? or could it be possible that these earthquakes are yet to come, and so the "Head of Satan"?

214 Narrated Ibn 'Umar: The Prophet said, "O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Sham! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen." The People said, "And also on our Najd." He said, "O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Sham (north)! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen." The people said, "O Allah's Apostle! And also on our Najd." I think the third time the Prophet said, "There (in Najd) is the place of earthquakes and afflictions and from there comes out the side of the head of Satan."

Cosmopolitan!

Quoted
    775 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Well he is right, sects have divided all Muslims and created unseen borders within Islam,... he is right, and after this he will also give you a lecture on "shirk" and "bidaa" and will say that he and his fellows are right and the rest is totally wrong.. which sounds pretty sectarian to me.. isn't that a contradiction in itself...
    Telling out what is 'shirk' and 'bida' according to Quran/hadith is NO sectarianism!

apple4me is offline Banned
    Edit>

Quoted
    306 Post(s)

bachna aay munafiko lo may aagaya
    islami shaytanno ka dushman , apni ada hay yaro say juda

hay hoo........, hay bachan aay munafiko lo may aagaya

chalo bhai line may aa jao

this dumhead nucklehead zakir naik is a very very big as.... ho , this is my request that do not make fk a war between sunni or deobandi shia or wahabi. all these so called pakistani especailly punjabi bathroom pilospers and thinker are dumhead and now u bring this joker zakir naik. israr ahmed or haroon rasheed ,safdar mahemood etc etc a long list and all those banned religious extremist tolas are deobandis and wahabis. most of u are deobandis and wahabis extremist who are projecting thier fiqa in the name of islam, u (deobandis ) are less than 20 % in pakistan and in india according to wikke leaks u are around 20 % , but thrugh kana dajal zia ul ha u got power put ur man in media and army and now trying to present that pakistan is a deobandi majorty country, swear to god if only sunni just stand up people like u in deobandi faith will go to gatur. u r a black spot on doebandi fiqa, jamat herami , bahi fazlu and all those banned organistion are deobandi or wahabis and are black sheeps in both faith

now this joker zakir naik is from india, all of u are so againsst to india but for ur faith u are promoting a deobandi joker .

lll columbuslll, dil dil , abu........all r deobandi and wahabis. and that is why they like this joker. this joker said that yazeed was annocent this joker put " yazeed may god please with him" what a muslim? these type of joker came and go like israr ahmed , moududi, mofti mehmood , mehmood hussian madni (in india) and plenty others.

first they make majorty of muslims(sunni) as that they are also their borthers and have same fiqa and slowly by using lafzai they show theri true colors.

But people like lal shahbaz qalandar, shah abdul latif bihtai, sachal sarmast, data sahib, bulley shah, ghulam fareed and all other buzargan e deen and oleya allah of punjab. shayansha e hindustan khawaji moeen uddin ajmari, nizam uddin oleya , peer haji ali and other buzargan e deeen and oleya allah have sealed the fath this monafiq tola in deobandi and wahabi sects. this tola used islam as a political chara to get people humderdy and money by using and twisting quran and hadits meaning. every person in this tola is expert of islam To me this is a biggest insult of islam that every person posting quran and hadits like that know the meaning and are experts.

if any person got the knowledge of quran he becoms a wali ullah, all these joker mentioned above are claiim that they know quran infact they do not even close to understand the depth of quran. jo quran ka illem pa gaya wo allah ka wali ho gaya.

DilDil is offline Star Member
    DilDil

Quoted
    543 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by apple4me View Post
    bachna aay munafiko lo may aagaya
    islami shaytanno ka dushman , apni ada hay yaro say juda

hay hoo........, hay bachan aay munafiko lo may aagaya
    Using the word Islami in combination with Shaytaan is gross insult to the word Islam and what it stands for.
    I honestly feel that time has come, to give @apple4me an apple that he is begging for, and a large one as well, and delivered the right-way-up to calm him down and put him out of action for some time.
    WARNING
    No more personal attack and stick to topic and post relevant replies.

Last edited by Ammy_769; 02-22-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Human is offline Senior Member
    Edit>

Quoted
    63 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suave View Post
    Telling out what is 'shirk' and 'bida' according to Quran/hadith is NO sectarianism!
    I agree.. but the problem is, people who don't agree with Dr. Zakir will give evidence against his views.. again from Quran and Hadith... that is why we have so many sects.

apple4me is offline Banned
    Edit>

Quoted
    306 Post(s)

o bhai if u called " yazeed may allah blessed upon him" thats mean something is wrong in ur head or u are a cheap attention seeking or try to get saudi rayals.

I from bottom of my heart respect all muslim sects and all are muslim( we do not even have the right to call other that they do shirk or bedath or kafir) but problem is that when u think that ony ur fiqa is right and rest will go to hell becaue they are wrong. Then i am sure ur are wrong and will go to hell, becaue u are calling a fellow muslim who believ " god is one and has no shareek, prophet mohammad( pbuh) is his last prophet and quran is holy book of god" all other things are ur fiqas matter and has no thing to do with islam even hadis , if some one who does not follow or recoganize hadis is muslim becuae he believe in core pillers of islam

Cosmopolitan!

Quoted
    775 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    I agree.. but the problem is, people who don't agree with Dr. Zakir will give evidence against his views.. again from Quran and Hadith... that is why we have so many sects.
    That would lead to a healthy debate and discussion.
    Sectarianism is there if I deny listening to anything from Zakir Naik because he doesn't condone my practice of prostration on shrines and start calling him najdi , wahabi, kafir bla bla. On similar grounds, he should also not call others kafir if they have some difference in interpretation of some verses. However, if anyone [including me] goes simple against the teaching of Islam, then its high time to get the affairs revised.
    Obviously he may not be correct always but lets try to listen what actually has been described in Quran/hadith and don't listen to what we want to listen no matter how much impure it may be!
    The point is we should help each other in better understanding of the teachings of our holy prophet without starting hating anyone because he/she has some difference of understanding!

Mysticreed is offline Genius Member
    Edit>

Quoted
    1360 Post(s)

@bullayshah

Let me take over dude I can sort these Najdi mulla slaves out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

@bullayshah

Let me take over dude I can sort these Najdi mulla slaves out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yacir View Post
    1- that is sadly not true
    2- if you dont understand m example of 75% or 25%, what can i say! . I am not referring to you in person when I said "you keep fighting", i was reffering to stubbun mindset who stick to Ikhtilaf and keep fighting over it leaving behind the more important things on which Ummah has consensus.
    3- I am telling that to you! and if you are not bothered to search yourself, why would I?
    4- I have no idea of such crap .... I remember someone posted that long article on the forum , maybe u but i am not sure...but I dont give any importance to things which i dont know if they are true or not! secondly, i dont know who those "najdis" are that mentioned in Hadith.
    5- Read the Ayat again ... you will get the point where you are disagreeing with it.
    Verily, those who divide their religion and break up into sects (all kinds of religious sects),
    you (O Muhammad SAW) have no concern in them in the least. Their affair is only with Allah, Who then will tell them what they used to do [6:159]
    6- NO, i am not saying that those hadeeth are waste of time (nauzubillah). All i am saying that I am NOT QUALIFIED to apply these to certain people and identify the Satanic Head! you think you are qualified enough , that is up to you, you will be answerable for that .. and i will be answerable for m inability.

But if someone comes to me and say that the "Head of Satan" mentioned in hadeeth is actually refers to my Sufi brother - I CANNOT agree
    if someone comes to me and say that the "Head of Satan" mentioned in hadeeth is actually refers to my Salafi brother - I CANNOT agree
    if someone comes to me and say that the "Head of Satan" mentioned in hadeeth is actually refers to my xyz brother - I CANNOT agree
    I leave this to Allah ... admitting my inability to identify it at this very moment.

---------- Post added at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 AM ----------

As I said that i do not have qualification to debate on this issue, just asking you for m knowledge.

1- I am sure that you follow an important methodology to understand Quran and Hadith that you NEVER take a verse or hadeeth in ISOLATION. right?
    I have read your scientefic proofs that Najd could not be Iraq completely ignoring a SAHIH Hadeeth of Sahih Mulsim that tells us that Sahabah RA identified the Najd of that particular hadeeth as IRAQ ( as he is addressing to the people of Iraq in this hadeeth). should I give preference to geo-informational evidence over the sahih hadeeth and understanding of Sahabah?

Muslim :: Book 41 : Hadith 6943
    Ibn Fudail reported on the authority of his father that he heard Salim b. 'Abdullah b. 'Umar as saying: O people of Iraq, how strange it is that you ask about the minor sins but commit major sins? I heard from my father 'Abdullah b. 'Umar, narrating that he heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying while pointing his hand towards the east: Verily. the turmoil would come from this side, from where appear the horns of Satan and you would strike the necks of one another; and Moses killed a person from among the people of Pharaoh unintentionally and Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, said:" You killed a person but We relieved you from the grief and tried you with (many a) trial" (xx. 40). Ahmad b. Umar reported this hadith from Salim, but he did not make a mention of the words:" I heard".

2- This hadeeth also mentions of earthquakes. do we have evidence of such earthquakes yet? or could it be possible that these earthquakes are yet to come, and so the "Head of Satan"?

214 Narrated Ibn 'Umar: The Prophet said, "O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Sham! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen." The People said, "And also on our Najd." He said, "O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Sham (north)! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen." The people said, "O Allah's Apostle! And also on our Najd." I think the third time the Prophet said, "There (in Najd) is the place of earthquakes and afflictions and from there comes out the side of the head of Satan."

Yes @bullayshah is right. Islam is 100% and there is no space for 75% Islam. If someone's interpretation is wrong then it is wrong and until that person corrects himself inspite of pointing it out then there is no point in arguing with him. This idea is also supported by the Quranic verse

Verily, those who divide their religion and break up into sects, you have no concern in them in the least. Their affair is only with Allah, Who then will tell them what they used to do (6:159).

For mulla Zakir Naik slaves the explanation of the unity factor is given in Hadis.

And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allah, and be not divided among yourselves, and remember Allah's Favour on you, for you were enemies one to another but He joined your hearts together, so that, by His Grace, you became brethren, and you were on the brink of a pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus Allah makes His verse clear to you, that you may be guided.(3.103)

So what is that we have to follow ??????????????

I am leaving among you two weighty things: the one being the Book of Allah in which there is right guidance and light, so hold fast to the Book of Allah and adhere to it. He exhorted (us) (to hold fast) to the Book of Allah and then said: The second are the members of my household I remind you (of your duties) to the members of my family (Sahih Muslim)

Jibir bin Abdullah said: "I saw the Messenger of Allah during his Hajj, on the Day of Arafah (on his last pilgramage). He was upon his camel Al-Qaswa, giving a Khutbah, so he said: O People! Indeed, I have left among you, that which if you hold fast to it, you shall not go astray: The Book of Allah (Quran) and my Family, the People of my House (Ahlul-Bait) (Tirmizi)

For the Hadis of Najad
    Quran and Hadis both need to be interpreted obviously with a sound mind. Allah himself suggests to think and reflect. There are signs and warnings in Quran and also in Hadis concerning future events and also suggests to reflect upon nature and sciences. So using intellect to understand them is important. Allah says

He Who created the seven heavens in layers. You will not find any flaw in the creation of the All-Merciful. Look again - do you see any gaps? Then look again and again. Your sight will return to you dazzled and exhausted! (Surat al-Mulk: 3-4)

In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of night and day, there are Signs for people of intelligence: those who remember Allah standing, sitting and lying on their sides, and reflect on the creation of the heavens and the earth: "Our Lord, You did not create this for nothing. Glory be to You! So guard us from the punishment of the Fire. (Surah Ale Imran: 190-191)

(This is) a Scripture that We have revealed unto thee, full of blessing, that they may ponder its revelations, and that men of understanding may reflect (38:29)

Will they not then ponder over the Quran, or is it that they have locks on their hearts!?
    (Quran, 47:24)

Similarly the Hadis that we have are also to be understood and acted upon. Some Hadis also mention about the future course of events like dajjal and so on. These Hadis can only be understood if one ponders over them. Similarly the Ahadis of Najd also have to be analysed. In pre-historic days Arabs used to call the evil forces with metaphors such as satan's horns or head. Tribulations and mischiefs used to be equated with earthquakes. The Najdi mullas were the Genghis Khans of their era especially the son of Abdul Wahab who laid the foundation stone of cruelty and barbarianism. He under the umbrella of power hungry Al Sauds arose from Najd and killed thousands of muslims in the name of Islam. The Hadis of Najd which over the centuries remained a mystery and were also neglected due to its complexities as expecting a bedouin tribe to create such mischief of quantum amount was beyond one's understanding, finally came to be true. Malik Muwatta explains without the metaphors

Malik Muwatta

Book 54:
    Malik related to me from Abdullah ibn Dinar that Abdullah ibn Umar said, "I saw the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, pointing at the east and saying, 'The cause of dissension is here. The cause of dissension is here, from where the helpers of shaytan arise.' "

Book 54:
    Malik related to me from Abu'z-Zinad from al-Araj from Abu Hurayra that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "The head of kufr is towards the east. Boasting and price is among people who have horses and camels. The loud-voiced people are the people of tents (the Bedouins). Tranquillity is with the people who have sheep."

The interpretation that you take out from the Hadis Muslim :: Book 41 : Hadith 6943 is completely wrong. It is obvious that there is a discussion of two different things. One is about Iraq and the other is about East. The Hadis before this number 6938, 6939, 6940, 6941, 6942 only mention about east. Now how will we know how the people of those times knew what is east and what is west, north, south ???? One needs to read the same Sahih Muslim in detail and we come across this Hadis

Sahih Muslim
    0093 Abu Huraira said: I heard the Prophet (may peace and blessings be upon him) saying: There came the people of Yemen, they are tender of feelings and meek of hearts. The belief is that of the Yemenites, the sagacity is that of the Yemenites, the tranquillity is among the owners of goats and sheep, and pride and conceitedness is among the uncivil owners of the camels, the people of the tents in the direction of sunrise.

0095 It is reported on the authority of Jabir b. Abdullah that the Messenger of Allah (may peace and, blessings be upon him) observed: The callousness of heart and sternness is in the East and faith is among the people of the Hijaz.

In the above Hadis it can be easily understood that the author of Sahih Muslim knew that sun rises from the east which is Najd and not Iraq. Finding east wasn't difficult for Arab tribes as they were aware that the sun rises from the east. It is you who out of a battery of Hadis tried to twist the meaning of one of them to defend the Najdi mullas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what if east is bad ????????? There were many tribes living in east ???????? Well the Hadis in Sahih Bukhari is more than enough to know who were the culprits living in east. Read

Sahih Bukhari chapter 56 number 702

Narrated Abi Mas'ud: The Prophet said, "
    From this side from the east, afflictions will appear. Rudeness and lack of mercy are characteristics of the rural bedouins who are busy with their camels and cows. Such are the tribes of Rabi'a and Mudar."

---------- Post added at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by suave View Post
    On similar grounds, he should also not call others kafir if they have some difference in interpretation of some verses. However, if anyone [including me] goes simple against the teaching of Islam, then its high time to get the affairs revised.
    And who will decide what is according to Islam and what is against it ??????????????????????

DilDil is offline Star Member
    DilDil

Quoted
    543 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticreed View Post
    @bullayshah

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

@bullayshah

Mysticreed is an evil guy, mocking Islam most of the times that I have seen. He lurks between Qadianis & Shias. We reject his view as a mix of fabrication with truth, the end result being misleading and pollution of what was truth.

Even Wikipidea is comparatively more reliable in what it states :

Sunni and Shi'a Concordance
    Both Sunnis and Shi'as accept that Muhammad said the following:
    "I am leaving among you something which is very important and should be followed, you will not go astray if you get hold of it after I am gone, one part of it being more important than the other: God's Book, which is a rope stretched from Heaven to Earth, and my close relatives, who belong to my household. These two will not separate from one another till they come down to the reservoir, so consider how you act regarding them after my departure." (Tirmidhi, Sahih Muslim)
    Both Sunnis and the Shi'a believe in respecting Ahl al-Bayt. However, it is only the Shi'a who claim that the Caliph (leader) of the Muslim community must always be a descendant of Muhammad. Sunnis reject the claim that only the Ahl al-Bayt should govern.
    Sunni view

One view of Sunnis - especially of Sufis - is that they accept the hadith and use it to support the greatness and rank of Ali. They do not see this as a contradiction of the greatness and rank of Abu Bakr, Omar, Uthman and other Sahabah.

The Sunnis reject the idea that the Hadith al-Thaqalayn is mutawattir, and they also reject the idea that it was narrated by over 35 of Muhammad's companions. Instead, the Sunnis reject many of the versions of Hadith al-Thaqalayn, classifying them as Dhaeef, or weak in authenticity, and believe that it was narrated by no more than 10 of Muhammad's companions.

They believe that Muhammad only mentioned Hadith al-Thaqalayn at Ghadir Khumm, and reject the idea that Muhammad said it during his Farewell Sermon atop Mount Arafat. The Sunnis believe that Muhammad only mentioned the Two Weighty Things on his way back to Medinah (at Ghadir Khumm), and that his speech was therefore directed primarily to those living in Medinah because it was they who would have the task of taking care of Muhammad's family after his death.
    Shi'a view

Shi'as reject this Hadith and deem it to be a fabrication designed to distract from what they deem to be the real saying of Muhammad: the 'Hadith of the two weighty things'. The Sunnis accept both the 'Hadith of the Quran and Sunnah' and the 'Hadith of the two weighty things'. Since the Hadith about Quran and Sunnah was said by the Prophet in front of the smaller gathering during his Farewell Sermon, and the Hadith about Quran and Ahl al-Bayt was said by the Prophet in front of the larger gathering at Ghadir Khumm, the Shi'as believe that only the 'Hadith of the two weighty things' is authentic.

At the same time, Shi'as do agree with the meaning of the Hadith, even if they deem it a fabrication. The Shi'as believe in following the Sunnah of Muhammad, but they say that this is only possible via the Ahl al-Bayt (Muhammad's family).

The Shi'as believe that Muhammad said Hadith al-Thaqalayn multiple times in multiple settings in multiple wordings. They argue that Muhammad said Hadith al-Thaqalayn at Mount Arafat during his Farewell Sermon, at Ghadir Khumm, in the mosque of Medinah, during his last illness, and at many other places and times. The Shi'as believe that Muhammad said this hadith so many times because he wanted to stress how important it was that the Muslims only take his own descendants as leaders.

The Shi'as believe that this hadith is mutawattir, meaning that it has been related so many times by so many people that there is no doubt about its authenticity. The Shi'a claim that this hadith is the most authentic of hadiths, claiming that it has been narrated by over 35 companions of Muhammad.

The Hadith al-Thaqalayn is used by the Shi'a, among other reasons, to justify their claim of Ali's succession to Muhammad. Shi'as view this hadith as a clear indication that Muhammad wished to keep the matter of leadership within his own family, starting with his cousin Ali. They believe that Muhammad was clearly indicating that only the Ahl al-Bayt have a right to authority and leadership. It is based on this claim that the Shi'as reject the first three Sunni Caliphs, most especially as legitimate spiritual leaders of the ummah', referring to them and those who put them into power as usurpers.

Because the Shi'a believe that Muhammad said Hadith al-Thaqalayn on many occasions, the Shi'a have many different versions of what Muhammad said. One such version corresponds closely to what the Sunnis also believe in:
    Muhammad said: "One of them (i.e. the Thaqalayn) is the Book of God and the other one is my select progeny ('Itratî ), that is family (Ahlul-Bayt). Beware of how you behave (with) them when I am gone from amongst you, for God, the Merciful, has informed me that these two (i.e., Quran and Ahlul-Bayt) shall never separate from each other until they reach me at the paradisial pool (hawd) (of al-Kawthar). I remind you, in the name of God, about my Ahlul-Bayt. I remind you, in the name of God, about my Ahlul-Bayt. Once more! I remind you, in the name of God, about my Ahlul-Bayt." [11]
    The Shi'as, however, also believe in other versions of the Hadith such as:
    "I have left with you something, which if you strictly adhere to, you shall never go astray–The Book of God and my progeny."
    "I leave you two weighty things, if you stick to both you will never go astray after me: the Book of God and my progeny."
    "I am leaving for you two precious and weighty Symbols that if you adhere to both of them, you shall not go astray after me. They are, the Book of God, and my progeny, that is, my Ahl al-Bayt. The Merciful has informed me that these two shall not separate from each other till they come to me by the Pool (of Paradise)."
    It is these latter versions that more strongly support the Shi'a interpretation that Muhammad intended to keep the leadership of the Muslims within his own family and the idea of Ali as the rightful successor of Muhammad.

Mysticreed is offline Genius Member
    Edit>

Quoted
    1360 Post(s)

Lol pendo production !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yacir is offline Expert Member
    saying :
    Shikwa-e-Zulmat-e-Shab se to
    kahin behtar tha ... Apne
    hisse ki koi shamma jalatay
    jatay!

Quoted
    1252 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticreed View Post
    @bullayshah

Firstly I said that i do not consider myself qualified enough to debate on this "najd" thing. and secondly, even if I had enough knowledge , i would NOT debate with the mindset you represent!!!! i know very well where you are coming from, and what disease you are suffering with ! told you man times earlier as well !

so do not expect an reply from me!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 First 12