All Pakistani Dramas Lists
Latest Episodes of Dramas - Latest Politics Shows - Latest Politics Discussions

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Porn In Peshawar: Adult Cinema Thrives In Hotbed Of Pakistani Fundamentalism

      
   
  1. #1
    lexkhan's Avatar
    lexkhan is offline ЯЦMI
    Sadh Hazaar Kaaba, Yak Dil
    BehtarAst
     
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    ᄂΛΉӨЯΣ
    Posts
    7,404
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Exclamation Porn In Peshawar: Adult Cinema Thrives In Hotbed Of Pakistani Fundamentalism

    Porn In Peshawar: Adult Cinema Thrives In Hotbed Of Pakistani Fundamentalism

    Porn In Peshawar: Adult Cinema Thrives In Hotbed Of Pakistani Fundamentalism - Worldcrunch - All News is Global

    In Peshawar, capital of Pakistan's most conservative province, billboards showing women are regularly torn down and music shops have been repeatedly bombed. So how is it that under the noses of Islamist forces, adult movie houses continue to flourish?





    Peshawar, a city of contradictions (Mirjee)
    By Zofeen Ebrahim
    LE TEMPS/Worldcrunch

    PESHAWAR
    – The half-lit room smells strongly of hashish. On the screen, a woman wearing too much make up and a clingy, provocative outfit sways her hips suggestively. The audience, made up exclusively of men, hoots and whistles. The music stops and the onscreen action starts to heat up. The crowd loses all its inhibitions. The whistles turn into hoarse moans and the chairs start to vibrate intensely.


    The location is Peshawar, the capital of the most conservative province of Pakistan, and the men are watching a porn film, right under the nose of the religious political parties, the Taliban and the government.


    In this province and, in particular, in Peshawar, the music shops and cafes are often the targets of bomb attacks by religious extremists. Advertising boards that show women are regularly torn down. But surprisingly, in this repressive climate, adult cinemas still manage to prosper.

    “Every showing is full,” says Lala Fida Mohammad Khan, a former movie producer who got out of the conventional film business because “no one wanted to watch clean films, they don’t sell anymore.” Mohammad Khan now manages a small cinema in Rawalpindi, a town near the capital Islamabad.

    “Everyone knows what goes on in the cinemas. We organize three screenings every day. On Sundays there is even one in the morning. During the Aïd-el-Fitr festivities [which mark the end of Ramadam], we increase the number of showings to five,” he remarks.
    But this freedom has a price. Mohammad Khan explains that cinema owners must pay hundreds of thousands of rupees in bribes to protect themselves and prevent their businesses from being shut down by the authorities.


    In Peshawar, the Shama cinema belongs to the Bilour family. Some members of the family belong to the Awami National Party, a left-wing party with secular tendencies that holds a majority in the province. “They had three cinemas, one of which was attacked several years ago,” said Mohammad Khan. “They then turned two of them into shopping centers, and the one that’s left shows pornographic films.”


    Nostalgia for the golden age of “Pollywood”


    The town as a whole has just nine movie houses left. And according to Aijaz Gul, a film critic, they all show adult films – except one, which is owned by the Pakistani air force. Since the Taliban established themselves in the region, two cinemas have been attacked from the street and several cinema owners have been held for ransom. “They had to pay enormous sums to be freed, but they have still not abandoned their profession.”


    “Pollywood,” the Pashto language film industry that produces these movies, has always been known for its erotic and pornographic content “even though other genres of films used to be produced as well,” says Aijaz Gul. The industry slumped over the past couple of decades following a peak in the late 1970s. Scriptwriter Younus Qiyasi has about 20 films to his name, but he decided to give up filmmaking in the 1980s, after “vulgarity and obscenity had become its trademark features.”


    Mohammad Khan remembers Pollywood’s golden age nostalgically. The screenings would sell out days, or even weeks in advance. And most importantly, women were also amongst the cinema-goers. “There was of course a strict separation between men and women, but at least the women went,” he recalls. But now, with this type of film, even if it’s not porn, no woman would dare to enter the semi-darkness of the Peshawar cinemas.


    Read the original article in French.

  2. #2
    suave's Avatar
    suave is offline Expert Member
    Cosmopolitan!
     
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Luxemburg
    Posts
    5,476
    Quoted
    775 Post(s)

    Re: Porn In Peshawar: Adult Cinema Thrives In Hotbed Of Pakistani Fundamentalism

    ANP on the road of modernization and liberalization of the nation. Uh yes, making them 'Roshan Khayal' also!

  3. #3
    gurya2010 is offline Member
    Edit>
     
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    99
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

    Re: Porn In Peshawar: Adult Cinema Thrives In Hotbed Of Pakistani Fundamentalism

    they impose religion only on women

  4. #4
    Gujjars's Avatar
    Gujjars is offline Junior Member
    Edit>
     
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    494
    Quoted
    248 Post(s)

    Re: Porn In Peshawar: Adult Cinema Thrives In Hotbed Of Pakistani Fundamentalism

    Quote Originally Posted by lexkhan View Post


    In Peshawar, capital of Pakistan's most conservative province, billboards showing women are regularly torn down and music shops have been repeatedly bombed. So how is it that under the noses of Islamist forces, adult movie houses continue to flourish?
    Similar situation in Lahore where musical concerts are bombed but diamond market has fourished under Islamic governments of military dictator in 80s and PMLN in 90s and till today. Apni manji talley vi daang fero naaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

  5. #5
    lexkhan's Avatar
    lexkhan is offline ЯЦMI
    Sadh Hazaar Kaaba, Yak Dil
    BehtarAst
     
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    ᄂΛΉӨЯΣ
    Posts
    7,404
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: Porn In Peshawar: Adult Cinema Thrives In Hotbed Of Pakistani Fundamentalism

    Quote Originally Posted by Gujjars View Post
    Similar situation in Lahore where musical concerts are bombed but diamond market has fourished under Islamic governments of military dictator in 80s and PMLN in 90s and till today. Apni manji talley vi daang fero naaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
    Well, Lahore's Manji is not as conservative and religiously fanatic comparatively.

  6. #6
    Double Shah's Avatar
    Double Shah is offline ان شاء اللہ ، ان شاء اللہ
    Edit>
     
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,912
    Quoted
    461 Post(s)

    Re: Porn In Peshawar: Adult Cinema Thrives In Hotbed Of Pakistani Fundamentalism

    فلم کا نام بہت ہی اعلیٰ ہے "زڑگیہ جوارگرہ" یعنی جواری محبوب

  7. #7
    wellwisher is offline Star Member
    Edit>
     
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,885
    Quoted
    292 Post(s)

    Re: Porn In Peshawar: Adult Cinema Thrives In Hotbed Of Pakistani Fundamentalism

    Even a fundamentalist nut case like OBL had hardcore p0rn.. and these are Bilours.. makes sense

  8. #8
    Gujjars's Avatar
    Gujjars is offline Junior Member
    Edit>
     
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    494
    Quoted
    248 Post(s)

    Re: Porn In Peshawar: Adult Cinema Thrives In Hotbed Of Pakistani Fundamentalism

    Quote Originally Posted by lexkhan View Post
    Well, Lahore's Manji is not as conservative and religiously fanatic comparatively.

    تے ایدہ اے مطبل تے نہیں کے منجی تھللے ڈانگ ہی نہی فیرنی؟ فیرلے فیرلے کدرے کوئی ہور نہ فرلوے

  9. #9
    Jury is offline Expert Member
    Edit>
     
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,883
    Quoted
    1561 Post(s)

    Re: Porn In Peshawar: Adult Cinema Thrives In Hotbed Of Pakistani Fundamentalism

    فحش فلموں کا کاروبار


    Profession Of ANP Minister XXX Films


  10. #10
     is offline Banned
    koi nahi
     
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    scot
    Posts
    846
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

    Re: Porn In Peshawar: Adult Cinema Thrives In Hotbed Of Pakistani Fundamentalism

    i heard few years back that the cinema own by bailor brother was Shama which is now demolished ,there u know....

  11. #11
    lexkhan's Avatar
    lexkhan is offline ЯЦMI
    Sadh Hazaar Kaaba, Yak Dil
    BehtarAst
     
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    ᄂΛΉӨЯΣ
    Posts
    7,404
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: Porn In Peshawar: Adult Cinema Thrives In Hotbed Of Pakistani Fundamentalism

    Quote Originally Posted by Gujjars View Post
    تے ایدہ اے مطبل تے نہیں کے منجی تھللے ڈانگ ہی نہی فیرنی؟ فیرلے فیرلے کدرے کوئی ہور نہ فرلوے

    Muhataram Gujjar - I will welcome you to do this honor.

  12. #12
    Gujjars's Avatar
    Gujjars is offline Junior Member
    Edit>
     
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    494
    Quoted
    248 Post(s)

    Re: Porn In Peshawar: Adult Cinema Thrives In Hotbed Of Pakistani Fundamentalism

    Quote Originally Posted by lexkhan View Post
    Muhataram Gujjar - I will welcome you to do this honor.
    Angrezi kithon sikhi hai? I welcome you to have this honour.

  13. #13
    lexkhan's Avatar
    lexkhan is offline ЯЦMI
    Sadh Hazaar Kaaba, Yak Dil
    BehtarAst
     
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    ᄂΛΉӨЯΣ
    Posts
    7,404
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: Porn In Peshawar: Adult Cinema Thrives In Hotbed Of Pakistani Fundamentalism

    Quote Originally Posted by Gujjars View Post
    Angrezi kithon sikhi hai? I welcome you to have this honour.
    Got the point, didn't you. Master Ji?

  14. #14
    Gujjars's Avatar
    Gujjars is offline Junior Member
    Edit>
     
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    494
    Quoted
    248 Post(s)

    Re: Porn In Peshawar: Adult Cinema Thrives In Hotbed Of Pakistani Fundamentalism

    Quote Originally Posted by lexkhan View Post
    Got the point, didn't you. Master Ji?
    Got the point, you forgot to see the heera mandi on the pichwaray of your muhalla. Afghanistan and Peshawar was the most modern and liberal place in 70s in the region. Thanks to a neighbour of heera mandi General Akhtar Abdur Rahman and his daddy boss General Zia it has been transformed as the most conservative place comparatively but you sir had the guts to start this thread. I would have drowned in my own spit before performing this act of bravery had heera mandi been my backyard and had General Akhtar been my neighbour. Master ji no one can stop the inevitable now, you sir have invited the unwanted by rubbing salt on unhealed wounds.

  15. #15
    lexkhan's Avatar
    lexkhan is offline ЯЦMI
    Sadh Hazaar Kaaba, Yak Dil
    BehtarAst
     
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    ᄂΛΉӨЯΣ
    Posts
    7,404
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: Porn In Peshawar: Adult Cinema Thrives In Hotbed Of Pakistani Fundamentalism

    Quote Originally Posted by Gujjars View Post
    Got the point, you forgot to see the heera mandi on the pichwaray of your muhalla. Afghanistan and Peshawar was the most modern and liberal place in 70s in the region. Thanks to a neighbour of heera mandi General Akhtar Abdur Rahman and his daddy boss General Zia it has been transformed as the most conservative place comparatively but you sir had the guts to start this thread. I would have drowned in my own spit before performing this act of bravery had heera mandi been my backyard and had General Akhtar been my neighbour. Master ji no one can stop the inevitable now, you sir have invited the unwanted by rubbing salt on unhealed wounds.

    I am sure you are already drowned.
    Let's revisit the thread again. It's NEWS and I am not the author of this news.
    Brothels and Porn Cinemas should be denounce doesn't matter it's Lahore or Peshawar.

    I agree, It was manhoos Zia-uh-Haq, "The mother of all Evils"?
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Who made him Army chief?

    "Master ji no one can stop the inevitable now, you sir have invited the unwanted by rubbing salt on unhealed wounds."
    I didn't mean to step on your tail.

  16. #16
    Gujjars's Avatar
    Gujjars is offline Junior Member
    Edit>
     
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    494
    Quoted
    248 Post(s)

    Re: Porn In Peshawar: Adult Cinema Thrives In Hotbed Of Pakistani Fundamentalism

    Quote Originally Posted by lexkhan View Post
    I am sure you are already drowned.
    Let's revisit the thread again. It's NEWS and I am not the author of this news.
    Brothels and Porn Cinemas should be denounce doesn't matter it's Lahore or Peshawar.

    I agree, It was manhoos Zia-uh-Haq, "The mother of all Evils"?
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Who made him Army chief?

    "Master ji no one can stop the inevitable now, you sir have invited the unwanted by rubbing salt on unhealed wounds."
    I didn't mean to step on your tail.
    ZAB made him the army chief and said mujhay phansi laga do. You sir have no explanation and will leave you where you are. It does happen when elders forget to think about the future of their loved ones. Ghalib khush rakh apnay aap ko.

  17. #17
    lexkhan's Avatar
    lexkhan is offline ЯЦMI
    Sadh Hazaar Kaaba, Yak Dil
    BehtarAst
     
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    ᄂΛΉӨЯΣ
    Posts
    7,404
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: Porn In Peshawar: Adult Cinema Thrives In Hotbed Of Pakistani Fundamentalism

    Quote Originally Posted by Gujjars View Post
    ZAB made him the army chief and said mujhay phansi laga do. You sir have no explanation and will leave you where you are. It does happen when elders forget to think about the future of their loved ones. Ghalib khush rakh apnay aap ko.
    Thanks for your clear & logical explanation...Keep thinking like elders who got us in the la la land...

  18. #18
    khalnayak is offline Junior Member
    No Offense
     
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    361
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)

    Re: Porn In Peshawar: Adult Cinema Thrives In Hotbed Of Pakistani Fundamentalism

    May be it is time for the Pentagon to change the war strategy and drop porn movies and cases of beer to these nomads. They will mellow out and start thinking straight!!!

  19. #19
    PTI is offline Banned
    Edit>
     
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,787
    Quoted
    2401 Post(s)

    Re: Porn In Peshawar: Adult Cinema Thrives In Hotbed Of Pakistani Fundamentalism

    these also looks like pics of a Peshawari Porno ???











    no wonder they claim PTI is second most popular party in Peshawar after ANP!


  20. #20
    forums84's Avatar
    forums84 is offline Star Member
    Edit>
     
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,918
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)

    Re: Porn In Peshawar: Adult Cinema Thrives In Hotbed Of Pakistani Fundamentalism

    @ PTI you want others to include Kim Barker, Maryam Nawaz, Tehmina Durrani, Ayesha Ahad & Captain Safdar in every thread?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in