All Pakistani Dramas Lists
Latest Episodes of Dramas - Latest Politics Shows - Latest Politics Discussions

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Against the odds! ... Part 3 (Last Part ... Really!)

Flashpro is offline محبت میرا پیغام
    سبحان ربك رب
    العزة عما يصفون
    وسلام على
    المرسلين والحمد

Blog Entries
    Quoted
    930 Post(s)

Thumbs up Against the odds! ... Part 3 (Last Part ... Really!)

Link to Previous two Parts:
    part 1: https://www.friendskorner.com/forum/f...t-odds-281174/
    Part 2: https://www.friendskorner.com/forum/f...t-past-282333/

Against the odds! Part3 (Last Part)

Ahsan’s father was furious, 'So this is the return you are giving me, after I have spent millions of dollars on you??? high status inlaws are essential for a prosperous life in this society. If your decision is final, my decision is final too! … leave my house, I don’t want to see her face!’

‘Against the odds my dear!, Against the odds! … This is how life works … it’s about turning odds into evens…. It’s odd because the one sitting at the top is Odd & the task given to us is to make things even’. Ahsan buffered Irum before informing her that his parents have refused to accept a girl belonging from a poor family.

Irum's parents were also not convinced, much worried about their daughter's future, they were also insulted by Ahsan's family... Irum at one time refused to marry, but it was Ahsan's true love which melted heart of her parents, he transferred his flat in her name. He also gave a blank check to her parents, Irum's parents were in tears, 'Son we are poor but we don't need your money, we just want secure future for our daughter, take away this cheque, we trust you, please don't break it.'

===========================================================================

‘Mom! Mom!! why are you weeping? … what happened?’
    ‘Ah, nothing, come here my doll’ Irum kissed Remsha’s forehead & took her in lap, wrapping arms around her. ‘It’s getting late at night my princess, tomorrow we have to visit ‘Internally Displaced Persons’ (IDP’s) camp to distribute food & clothes donations we have collected.’ ‘Ok! That’s very good Mom, I like helping people in need.’ ‘I am proud of you my child, now go to sleep.’ Soon Remsha was sound a sleep, but Irum was unable to sleep.
    ‘Ahsan, You were right! you just needed someone to take care of you, You wanted me to remain loyal to you only; & I remained loyal to you with my very heart & soul… no one else can take your place… but then what did you do? … You betrayed me… you left me standing alone in desert, you were right! you just wanted a partner to be loyal to you, after submerging my universe with your love… you walked out, how come you do this to me? … how come you do this to us; Remsha the best thing which ever happened to us, how cruel of you ? … she was only 5 yrs Old… Those 5 wonderful years; every day & night you proved to be the best husband & the best father… how hard had I tried to beat you, yet baby Remsha’s first word was ‘Baba’ – she had chosen baba over mama… yet you left us… Ahsan, Please come back, Oh God! … still my nights are sleepless, still my days are filled with your remembrance.’ Irum was unable to control her thoughts, tears were flowing like a never ending stream, her eyes were getting red as blood & swollen, she was sobbing badly. She buried her face in pillow to avoid disturbing Reshma’s sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘I got the target in sight Major’ Helicopter’s Pilot informed.
    ‘Ok, what is the status of Marines team ‘Delta-3’
    ‘Delta- 3 Marines have successfully freed three American hostages Sir!’
    ‘Ok, great going… Our drones will take care of the terrorists now, give them go ahead signal’
    ‘But Sir! there are two local hostages still with the terrorists… one of them Mr. Ahsan; our intelligence has informed that he has played a major role for peace in this area’ Pilot replied.
    ‘We can’t save everybody, our job is to protect our civilians & safeguard our soldiers; collateral damage is the bitter reality of war … Now inform control tower immediately!’
    ‘Yes Sir! … Control Tower, this is alpha 1, drones are affirmative! send the birds in; Let’s burn the trash!’

========================================================

Ahsan was very badly wounded in drone attack. He was attending a meeting with foreigners when he was kidnapped by the terrorists. Forces were able to track the whereabouts of terrorists… but now he was being rushed to the operation theater… three days after operation he opened his eyes … ‘Remsha! Irum! … Irum! Remsha Where are you? … I had promised Remsha to buy her new Bicyle & new Barbie Set. I had bought a diamond set for Irum, as a surprise gift for our 5th wedding anniversary I had booked our tickets for Dubai trip… Everything is gone'
    … Ahsan placed a call to Irum… & doctors knew there is no point in stopping him.
    ‘Hello’
    ‘Hello… I can’t hear you, who is this , speak louder please ’
    Ahsan gathered whatever was left of him ‘Ir.. Irum! , it’s … Ahsan, don’t ta…talk! just listen, listen!, I don’t…. have time, ‘m sorry! For…give, forgive me! Please continue our mission, peace & love for all, … No… No War! … love to Remsha, take care of … of her… after me. God! I ‘m leavin… leavin my family with You!’
    ‘Ahsan!!! … hello! Ahsan! … where are you? Oh God! … Where are you? …Oh God Noooo!!! , … hold on… Ahsan, my heart my love… I am coming! … why are your talking like this? … Ahsan, Noooo! don’t you ever leave me… Nooooo!!!! Helloo!!! Ahsan, Ahsan!!! Say some thing !!! Speak up!!!’ … that was the last conversation between Ahsan & Irum. Ahsan died just after making call.

=====================================================

‘Remsha, pass these sweets to the kids playing outside tent’ Irum pointed towards kids ‘ & Mr. Tahmor! has the team distributed all of the food & clothes we brought?’ … ‘yes madam! there are about one hundred & fifty people outside our relief tent who personally want to say thanks to you’ … ‘oh! there is no need for that’ …’Madam Irum they will be happy to hear few words from you’, Tahmor requested.
    Irum came out of the relief tent & was surprised to see many people. ‘ So many people! ... thank you very much for coming… I feel my beloved late husband will be happy today to see his wish being fulfilled… have you people received food & clothes? …’Yes Madam!’ they replied collectively.
    Irum continued, ‘I can feel your pain because I lost my husband & my daughter her father, four years ago, my daughter was only five years old then … I was totally shattered… & still am, but my husband’s words gave me courage to gather myself & continue his mission, same words I speak to you today:
    ‘Against the odds my dear!, Against the odds! … This is how life works … it’s about turning odds into evens…. It’s odd because the one sitting at the top is Odd & the task given to us is to make things even’.
    ‘Well this means… we must continue struggle, this life is full of difficulties & miseries … our destiny is in our hands, we are Not; what is happening to us … or what circumstances we are facing but How we react to those circumstances. Most of the things will improve by positive actions, But some are beyond our control, we have to learn, to live with them… yes ‘Against the odds’ we all live!’

------------------------------The End! ---------------------------------

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Flashpro For This Useful Post:

*resham* (07-11-2012), Adiva Afafa (07-13-2012), Dia_Komal (07-11-2012), Eᴍᴇʀᴀʟᴅ (07-11-2012), Haz!L (07-12-2012), maheen khan (07-12-2012), Mr.MaNgO (07-16-2012), Muhaddisa (07-15-2012), nazan (07-11-2012), Sahar R (07-13-2012), void (07-11-2012)

nazan is offline Expert Member
    ♪♪♬♬♪♪

Blog Entries
    Quoted
    158 Post(s)

Re: Against the odds! ... Part 3 (Last Part ... Really!)

thanx................keep it up

Eᴍᴇʀᴀʟᴅ is offline ~ ρєяѕєνєяαηт ~
    The happiness of your life
    depends upon the quality of
    your thoughts.

Quoted
    1234 Post(s)

@Flashpro ... Ahem ahem ..... ehhhh .... let me be honest, it´s a bit confusing here, yet a second reading can clear out some confusions.
    But one thing remains illogical or maybe it´s me who isn´t getting your point of view

How can a daughter be 5years old when the couple celebrates their 5th wedding anniversary?
    I thought you mentioned that Irum belonged to a decent family who wouldn´t allow her to attend late night dinner party then....!!!! LOL

سبحان ربك رب
    العزة عما يصفون
    وسلام على
    المرسلين والحمد

Blog Entries
    Quoted
    930 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zepнyr View Post
    @Flashpro ... Ahem ahem ..... ehhhh .... let me be honest, it´s a bit confusing here, yet a second reading can clear out some confusions.
    But one thing remains illogical or maybe it´s me who isn´t getting your point of view

How can a daughter be 5years old when the couple celebrates their 5th wedding anniversary?
    I thought you mentioned that Irum belonged to a decent family who wouldn´t allow her to attend late night dinner party then....!!!! LOL

ha ha ha good point @Zepнyr ... jester's curse on me , I already had my fingers crossed...
    they married on 1st January... & ever heard of premature birth ?... I can pm you few links to remove confusion ...
    so we have our work cut out to six -seven months ... same year

& ya Irum belonged to a decent family & they never allowed her to stay late ... But She Did attend one late night dinner, Right! ... & Ahsan we know, he is a 'pro' at his Game, thats what 'pros' are about!

read again Part 2:

‘ummm… so have you found her?’ Irum asked eagerly.
    ‘Yes, I have my dear! … just waiting for her to find me…’ Ahsan looked deep into the wide open eyes of Irum. For a moment Irum was totally lost...
    ‘oh… take left from here Sir, my home is nearby…’

Eᴍᴇʀᴀʟᴅ is offline ~ ρєяѕєνєяαηт ~
    The happiness of your life
    depends upon the quality of
    your thoughts.

Quoted
    1234 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpro View Post
    ha ha ha good point @Zepнyr ... jester's curse on me , I already had my fingers crossed...
    they married on 1st January... & ever heard of premature birth ?... I can pm you few links to remove confusion ...
    so we have our work cut out to six -seven months ... same year

& ya Irum belonged to a decent family & they never allowed her to stay late ... But She Did attend one late night dinner, Right! ... & Ahsan we know, he is a 'pro' at his Game, thats what 'pros' are about!

read again Part 2:

‘ummm… so have you found her?’ Irum asked eagerly.
    ‘Yes, I have my dear! … just waiting for her to find me…’ Ahsan looked deep into the wide open eyes of Irum. For a moment Irum was totally lost...
    ‘oh… take left from here Sir, my home is nearby…’

O thank goodness! Teacher Uncle ne Irum ko rondtay rondtay bacha liya!
    I must say it was really an astute way of turning the tables on me!
    See, you should´ve explained all this while writing the story . A little lack of carelessness has lead us to think wrongly! haha

You might be a good teacher but that doesn´t mean that you underestimate your students! ... Therefore, no need to send me any link!

*resham* is offline بابا کی گڑیا
    بابا کی گڑیا

Quoted
    281 Post(s)

nyc n intersting story .................

Haz!L is offline Crazy 0v3r y3w :x
    Blessed Alhamdullilah :)

Blog Entries
    Quoted
    2056 Post(s)

Wonderful story!

Waiting for more!

Arsal is offline is A r s a L.
    Back

Blog Entries
    Quoted
    616 Post(s)

Loved reading it

Keep writing & Stay blessed bro

maheen khan is offline ImpOssible tO fOrget
    "Words don't have the
    power to hurt u. Unless the
    person who said them means a
    lot to you!!

Quoted
    582 Post(s)

Hmmmmm...!very well written Flashpro ...4rm da begning till end
    thnx 4 sharing it...keep writing n keep sharing gud stuff.. n yes Welcum 2 Ek as well.
    !گلاب لمحوں کی مخمل پہ کھیلتے بچپن
    پلٹ کے دیکھ! مَیں تجھ سے شرارتیں مانگوں

سبحان ربك رب
    العزة عما يصفون
    وسلام على
    المرسلين والحمد

Blog Entries
    Quoted
    930 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nazan View Post
    thanx................keep it up
    Thank you nazan for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by *resham* View Post
    nyc n intersting story .................
    I' m grateful to you *resham* . thanks!

سبحان ربك رب
    العزة عما يصفون
    وسلام على
    المرسلين والحمد

Blog Entries
    Quoted
    930 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A r s a L View Post
    Loved reading it

Keep writing & Stay blessed bro
    A r s a L thanks a lot bro for appreciating.

tariq_ahmed is offline Star Member
    Edit>

Quoted
    0 Post(s)

very nice .. great masg conveyed ..

سبحان ربك رب
    العزة عما يصفون
    وسلام على
    المرسلين والحمد

Blog Entries
    Quoted
    930 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by De3p S!lence View Post
    Wonderful story!

Waiting for more!

Many thanks!

Sahar R is offline ()pt!m!$t
    ~DoN't QuIt~

Quoted
    193 Post(s)

great job .....keep it up
    2nd part parh k laga k same old typical romantic story hai lekin 3rd part ne sab theek kar dia

Against the odds my dear!, Against the odds! … This is how life works … it’s about turning odds into evens…. It’s odd because the one sitting at the top is Odd & the task given to us is to make things even’.

yeh sentences story ki jaan thay
    HoWeVeR gOOd oR bAd a SiTuAtiOn iS
    "IT WiLL CHANGE"

Arsal is offline is A r s a L.
    Back

Blog Entries
    Quoted
    616 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpro View Post
    @A r s a L thanks a lot bro for appreciating.
    good work is always appreciable

Adiva Afafa is offline `~PsyCholOG!$t~`
    Excuses are but a defense
    mechanism for guilt !

Blog Entries
    Quoted
    1379 Post(s)

i soaked my eyes reading ur story
    m sorry i can't comment,,,
    u made me speechless!!!......

waiting for more!!!....

Muhaddisa is offline Alhamdulillah!! :x
    Do Aalam sy karti hai Begana
    dil ko...

Blog Entries
    Quoted
    1181 Post(s)

It was great, really !
    Simple nd V fluently well written.
    Keep sharing!

سبحان ربك رب
    العزة عما يصفون
    وسلام على
    المرسلين والحمد

Blog Entries
    Quoted
    930 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sahar R View Post
    great job .....keep it up
    2nd part parh k laga k same old typical romantic story hai lekin 3rd part ne sab theek kar dia

Against the odds my dear!, Against the odds! … This is how life works … it’s about turning odds into evens…. It’s odd because the one sitting at the top is Odd & the task given to us is to make things even’.

yeh sentences story ki jaan thay

Thank you very much Sahar... & ya you are right... I do feel these sentences came straight from my heart!

Mr.MaNgO is offline Expecting the Unexpected!
    need new HATERS, the OLD 1's
    are starting to LIKE me!

Blog Entries
    Quoted
    212 Post(s)

Flashpro
    You might not agree with me, but I have my own way.
    You rocked in Part 1 n 2, however part 3 turned really senti n emotional.
    I can never digest tragic things, news, stories etc. Bad Me
    I wasn't expecting that end really, but yes it's upto the writer's thinking how he gets the things work.

Amazing part was: ahsan being a flirt kinda person lived sincerely with his wife. liked it btw.
    but don't u think Irum too had the right to enjoy the luxuries to the fullest since she had a poor standard till she married. however was left poor again.

Confusion is there: 5 years age of baby n 5 years of marriage???

And am sorry if U don't like my TABSARA.
    Point is you have YOUR own way of thinking n i have my OWN, n different readers take things differently...
    Keep Writing n Stay BLESSED

-------------------------------------!!!

I Am lEAst bOthErEd
    wh
    At pEOple thInk
    AbOUt mE...

I Am nOt hErE tO
    s
    AtIsfy thEm!!!

سبحان ربك رب
    العزة عما يصفون
    وسلام على
    المرسلين والحمد

Blog Entries
    Quoted
    930 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.MaNgO View Post
    @Flashpro
    You might not agree with me, but I have my own way.
    You rocked in Part 1 n 2, however part 3 turned really senti n emotional.
    I can never digest tragic things, news, stories etc. Bad Me
    I wasn't expecting that end really, but yes it's upto the writer's thinking how he gets the things work.

Amazing part was: ahsan being a flirt kinda person lived sincerely with his wife. liked it btw.
    but don't u think Irum too had the right to enjoy the luxuries to the fullest since she had a poor standard till she married. however was left poor again.

Confusion is there: 5 years age of baby n 5 years of marriage???

And am sorry if U don't like my TABSARA.
    Point is you have YOUR own way of thinking n i have my OWN, n different readers take things differently...
    Keep Writing n Stay BLESSED

-------------------------------------!!!
    Thank you very much for your reply...
    ... & yeah every person has likes & dislikes...
    ... In simple words, life is a mixture of happiness & sorrow... some get more happiness... some more sorrows... It's Odd ... Part 3 seems Odd... because it portrays reality... Death is as REAL as Life, we all have to face, No matter how hard we try, life will never be perfect... so we have to learn to live with that... life continues... it goes on... it must!

... I consider part3 to be my best work which I have shared on FK so far... cuz I was also wiping my tears while writing... trying to feel what Ahsan might be going through on his final journey? ... how Irum would have felt after Ahsan's last call? ... & little Remsha, who knows she will never see her father again ... There is a larger than life message in this story... there was millions of Ahsans who have died in war, millions of Irums who live in Agony... millions of Remshas.

Yet the human's 'Will' to continue, 'the never say die' attitude... when life hands you sorrows; you try to shower happiness on others... this is what the life is about... but you are free to have your views... tnx again

Page 1 of 2 12 Last