speedyturtle
    saboorkhan
    Hit Man

manobille is offline Senior Member
    WiNd Of cHaNgE

Quoted
    241 Post(s)

Re: PHUT GAIYE PMLN Ke, Main Jee Bhagoo Saudi Arab

Sirf title pay he aitraz hai na .... thread kay ander jo marzi kerooo ..... bass Kahbah khanay kay darwazay masjid jasay laga doo tu dhanda chalta hai ......

Quote Originally Posted by perfect stranger View Post
    ایڈمن حضرات سے گزارش ہے کہ اس فورم کو بازاری زبان سے محفوظ رکھیں۔
    تھریڈ کے ٹائٹل پر زرا غور کریں۔ ۔۔۔۔۔۔

@speedyturtle
    @saboorkhan
    @Hit Man

kammy19 is offline Star Member
    Edited...

Quoted
    161 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manobille View Post
    Sirf title pay he aitraz hai na .... thread kay ander jo marzi kerooo ..... bass Kahbah khanay kay darwazay masjid jasay laga doo tu dhanda chalta hai ......
    Apkay Gunday Zehain ke baat hai Jahan Jakay Rukhta hai..........................

kammy19 is offline Star Member
    Edited...

Quoted
    161 Post(s)

Pmln chorr hai>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PTI is offline Banned
    Edit>

Quoted
    2401 Post(s)

PTI's Founding Father Akbar S. Babar Writes:

The Politics of Allegations

PTI Vs. PML(N)

I write after a break of some months. The reason why I had stopped contributing to this page was primarily to allow sufficient time to pass by and observe the events as they unfold as I continue to firmly believe that time is the final arbitrator. Another reason for not writing was that I wanted to refocus my attention to personal and professional issues after my forced separation from PTI.

On the issue of allegations and counter allegations I had stated on this page in February this year quote I have no doubt that the PTI should give up its strategy of bashing A, B, or C. As the people are ready for change, we should limit the bashing strategy and focus more on organizing ourselves for the elections, building political alliances wherever possible, sharing our vision and policies for change, presenting a credible alternative leadership to the people, and last but not the least putting our internal house in order. There would be other elements of the strategy but those cannot be narrated here unquote.

As a professional consultant who has spent a lifetime conducting third party evaluations and assessments of organizations, firms, and leading NGOs of the country, I am writing this piece also as I wanted to share some insights and some facts on the recent and continuing bout of allegations and counter allegations between the PTI and the PML(N) revolving around the SKMT.

There is no second opinion that the PML(N) allegations against the SKMT were politically motivated and intended to undermine the political credibility of IK. Had the allegations been anything other then politically motivated, the Punjab Government under the PML(N) should have simply written a letter to the SKMT bringing to the fore the alleged improprieties in the use of SKMT endowment funds and sought their response before proceeding further. For those who do not know, SKMT is registered in Punjab under the Societies Registration Act 1860. The Punjab government, therefore, is well within their right to raise and seek answers from any NGO registered in Punjab on any management or financial matter of concern as all non profit organizations are run on donations or funds provided by donors for specific intended purposes to support operations and the organizations concerned.

The PML(N) allegations against the SKMT primarily related to the process employed and the choices made by its management with regard to the utilization of the endowment funds. Without beating around the bush, the allegations that needed to be responded adequately related to; (1) the potential conflict of interest situation arising out of a sitting director of the SKMT board who also headed organization(s) through which some SKMT endowment funds were channeled for real estate investments in Muscat, (2) the choice of investing endowment funds in speculative real estate market, (3) the choice of investing in securities inside Pakistan owned by a major SKMT donor namely AKD, and the political allegation of (4) to make investments abroad while politically demanding that all others should bring back their foreign investments.

" Instead of addressing all the above allegations coherently and turning the challenge into an opportunity that would have further enhanced IK’s credibility as a politician as well as the head of a leading charity organization, the PTI’s response was to level counter allegations some which did not leave a good taste. We all know that our rulers have siphoned off our wealth and invested abroad. However, the nation is fed up with allegations and counter allegations. If the PTI has evidence against the PML(N) leadership regarding their properties abroad they should file cases against them in Britain and other western countries and bring the matter to a closure. "

The PTI should instead focus more on advocating the political, social, and economic reform agenda including the changes in our political system to ensure better representation in parliament.

" If I had been anybody in PTI today which I am not, my advice to IK would have been to respond to the allegations by convening a special board meeting of the SKMT, ordering a forensic audit of the collection and utilization of the endowment fund by an internationally renowned audit firm hired through a competitive process. To further make the process transparent, I would have gone a step further of inviting an authorized representative of the Punjab government to be part of the process. The findings of the special forensic audit should then have been implemented in letter and spirit. The entire process would not have lasted more then 2 months. Whatever the findings of the audit report, the process would have reassured every one and only enhanced the credibility of SKMT and its Leader. "

" When a sitting SKMT’s director’s firm(s) is contracted to channel SKMT endowment funds, it is only natural to generate conflict of interest concerns. This should have never happened and all those involved in the decision making should be reprimanded for doing so. In fact one of the issues that bedeviled my relationship with IK last year was on the need to have a clear conflict of interest policy within PTI. "

" During our exchanges last year, I wrote to IK quote Let me once again try and explain how conflict interest works. When serious allegations were made against Mr. XXXX by Mr. XXXX no action was initiated as those that could initiate investigative action were all his business partners. Please understand that the basis
    of any conflict of interest law is that private business relationships impair decision making in public interest. Hence, the decision makers of any public organization particularly those that collect public money and donations are barred from entering into business relationships. The issue becomes even more acute when the business partners also control public money which is the case in PTI unquote. "

PTI is also a public entity run on public money that must adopt and employ the internationally recognized policies to ensure transparency in its operations, one of which is to have a conflict of interest policy in place.

My experience of working with international donors such as the USAID taught me many things, one of which was to avoid conflict of interest situations. The conflict of interest rules and regulations were updated regularly and some rules appeared bizarre considering our social customs. For example during our visits to project sites, taking lunch with a contractor paid for by the contractor was a violation of the conflict of interest rules for which the employee could be fired.

We can only progress if we employ universally adopted and time tested core values that developed societies so rigorously follow. The PTI should be a leading example of adopting and practicing universally accepted norms and practices.

" The second allegation of making speculative investments has some value and such investments are normally avoided as a matter of policy by most endowment fund managers. And, the third allegation of investing in securities owned by major donors is again, in my opinion, a potential conflict of interest situation that should be avoided. "

The fourth allegation of investing abroad is more political as I feel as long as a safe investment is made after due process, it is more important for a charity to invest where the returns are safe.

" I also feel that there should be more space created between the SKMT and the PTI. Except for IK, who is and would remain the main inspiration, other PTI leaders should avoid airing their half baked opinions on purely professional matters. Some of the remarks made by PTI leaders on the electronic media regarding the PML(N) allegations against SKMT were astounding to say the least. Without naming names, I know that some PTI office bearers have been an integral part of the SKMT fund raising process. This must also stop in the best interest of SKMT. "

Now the final reason why I am writing this piece. In late 2005 and early 2006, I was the Team Leader of a team of professionals that was entrusted by an international development agency with the responsibility to conduct third party “External Validation On USAID Management Standards” of 49 leading NGOs in Pakistan. The list of NGOs included SKMT besides other such leading NGOs as Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation (SIUT) headed by another legend less known, Dr. Adeeb Rizvi, and Sungi founded by Omar Asghar Khan.

Since I was the Team Leader and to avoid a potential conflict of interest situation considering my relationship with IK, I decided not be part of the SKMT evaluation and left the entire effort to other members of the team. The SKMT came out of the evaluation as one of the best managed NGOs in Pakistan. IK often mentions in his electronic media appearances, the highest rankings that the SKMT received at the conclusion of the evaluation.

The relevant portions of the evaluation with reference to SKMT are reproduced below for posterity. Incidentally, the management report even at that time pointed out to the need to incorporate conflict of interest policies and practices.

Concluding Note

In the kingdom of hell called Pakistan with few heroes and even fewer success stories, I believe SKMT is a shining example of service to humanity that must be strengthened. IK and rest of our generation are reaching the twilight of our lives and in a blink of an eye, the remaining years would pass by us as they must and our time would have come for our final journey. Addressing institutional issues in a transparent manner would only further enhance the credibility and sustainability of organizations such as the SKMT and the PTI and probably the only way forward to sustain the legacy of IK even when he is no more.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Akbar...80101955416268

" Kal Hamnay Bhi Yahe Kaha Tha !