All Pakistani Dramas Lists
Latest Episodes of Dramas - Latest Politics Shows - Latest Politics Discussions

Thread: PM Ashraf seeks more time to write Swiss letter

hdkhan is offline Junior Member
    Edit>

Quoted
    8 Post(s)

PM Ashraf seeks more time to write Swiss letter

​Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf while appearing before the five-member bench of the Supreme Court has sought four to six weeks time to write Swiss letter.Prime Minister Raja Pervaiz Ashraf appeared before the Supreme Court on Monday facing contempt of court for refusing to write to Swiss authorities for reopening graft cases against President Asif Ali Zardari.The court had given Ashraf until August 8 to write to Switzerland and last week struck down a new law passed by parliament that sought to exempt members of the government from contempt trials, clearing the way for legal proceedings against the premier.The government has resisted demands to have Asif Ali Zardari investigated, arguing that as head of state he enjoys immunity.The allegations against Zardari date back to the 1990s, when he and his wife, late premier Benazir Bhutto, were suspected of using Swiss bank accounts to launder $12 million allegedly paid in bribes by companies seeking customs inspection contracts.The Swiss shelved the cases in 2008 when Zardari became president and the government insists the president has full immunity as head of state.But in 2009 the Supreme Court overturned a political amnesty that had frozen investigations into the president and other politicians, ordering that the cases be reopened.

RiiDa is offline ..peaceful ending..
    Y wasTe ur TimE wiD
    explainantionz,PpL Only HeaR
    waT TheY wanT 2 HeaR

Blog Entries
    Quoted
    1215 Post(s)

Re: PM Ashraf seeks more time to write Swiss letter

yacir bhai
    daikh liya appne, a bech ka rasta..ab yeh matter imp hi nahi rakhta,raja sahab ko pm pe rakhna hia election tak,18 tak time bhi mil gaya aur
    mqm ne adliya k haq main bayaan diya k hum adliya ka ahtraam kerny ko kahingaye aur pm k saath baber ghauri ko bhej diya..

Roomi719 is offline Expert Member
    Behind the Curtain

Quoted
    991 Post(s)

حکومتی کوشش یہی ہے کہ راجہ جی بھی معطل ہو جائیں اور پھر نگران سیٹ اپ بن جائے۔۔۔پی پی پی نے الیکشن لڑنا ہی اسی بنیاد پر ہے کہ
    ہم نے عدالتی احکامات پر عمل کیا اور اپنے دو وزیر اعظم بغیر کسی شور شرابے کے گھر بھیج دیئے ہیں۔۔۔۔۔عدلیہ نے آج مثبت فیصلہ دیا ہے لیکن
    شطرنج کی یہ بازی بہت گہری چل رہی ہے۔۔۔دونوں جانب سے اچھی اور بہترین چالیں کھیلی جا رہی ہیں۔۔۔۔لیکن آخر میں راجہ جی بھی مطعل
    ہونگے اور پھر پی پی پی نے الیکشن میں اس کو ایشو بنانا ہے اور مظلوم بن کر میدان میں کود پڑے گی۔۔۔اور مظلومیت کا کچھ فائدہ اسکو ضرور ہوگا۔

wellwisher is offline Star Member
    Edit>

Quoted
    292 Post(s)

Yet another wait for next episode of this "letter writing" topi-drama..

Pervez Ashraf asking for more time until Sept 16th and this Iftikhar Ch**** and his bunch of cronies gave time until 18th.. Besides, PPPlies the only people who are happy with this are the moronic talk show anchors, same old blah blah blah..

If this Iftikhar Ch***** is really serious about this letter.. he shuld have given Pervez Ashraf pen & a A4 sheet and asked him to WRITE IT NOW..

yacir is offline Expert Member
    saying :
    Shikwa-e-Zulmat-e-Shab se to
    kahin behtar tha ... Apne
    hisse ki koi shamma jalatay
    jatay!

Quoted
    1252 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RiiDa View Post
    @yacir bhai
    daikh liya appne, a bech ka rasta..ab yeh matter imp hi nahi rakhta,raja sahab ko pm pe rakhna hia election tak,18 tak time bhi mil gaya aur
    mqm ne adliya k haq main bayaan diya k hum adliya ka ahtraam kerny ko kahingaye aur pm k saath baber ghauri ko bhej diya..
    hmm , Allah kare aisay hi ho jaisa ke app kah rahi hain ... mager i don not agree ke ye mamla importance nahi rakhta.
    it is far more important matter "amongst" the others. It is not just a matter of dollars/money [which who knows wht the status is] .. but it is more importantly the issue of the rule of law. I would really be disappointed if anyhthing can be done that "seems" [perception in justice is by far important] to be a comproise!

So to me, it is an important matter ... neither can we ignore it nor we can ignore other matters just because of this.

RiiDa is offline ..peaceful ending..
    Y wasTe ur TimE wiD
    explainantionz,PpL Only HeaR
    waT TheY wanT 2 HeaR

Blog Entries
    Quoted
    1215 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yacir View Post
    hmm , Allah kare aisay hi ho jaisa ke app kah rahi hain ... mager i don not agree ke ye mamla importance nahi rakhta.
    it is far more important matter "amongst" the others. It is not just a matter of dollars/money [which who knows wht the status is] .. but it is more importantly the issue of the rule of law. I would really be disappointed if anyhthing can be done that "seems" [perception in justice is by far important] to be a comproise!

So to me, it is an important matter ... neither can we ignore it nor we can ignore other matters just because of this.
    rule of the lawyacir bhai ..i think u r much more experienced thn me.
    havnt really seen ,any such thing exists here...humne tu sirf rola of law dekha... law/justice are mere words to our nation.
    i m glad,that u r still hopeful.