All Pakistani Dramas Lists
Latest Episodes of Dramas - Latest Politics Shows - Latest Politics Discussions

Thread: Eat Fish For a Healthy Brain

82 ROCKER is offline Expert Member
    Edit>

Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Eat Fish For a Healthy Brain

A recent study published in the American Journal of Epidemiology examined the relationship between what women ate while they were pregnant and the cognitive test scores of their children three years after birth.
    The study results revealed that women who ate fish while pregnant gave birth to babies who by age 3 had significantly better cognitive and fine-motor skills than those whose mothers didn't eat fish during pregnancy.
    The 3-year-olds from the women who reported eating more than 2 servings of fish per week performed better than average on tests that assessed receptive vocabulary and visual-spatial, visual-motor, and fine-motor skills.
    This result is significant because the most important time of development for our brains is before we are born. Almost all of our neurons have been created by the time of our mothers' second trimesters, when the critical process of establishing the correct interconnections is taking place.
    Our thinking, behavior, and cognitive abilities, of course, ultimately result from the functioning of our brains. Therefore, abnormalities in our brains that arise early in its development can result in abnormal thinking and behavior later on.
    Why fish? Because fish is a rich source of particular health-promotingOMEGA 3 fatty acids that are known to be important components of the brain's structure.
    There is a downside to eating fish while pregnant, however. Fish also can be a source of mercury, which has a devastating effect on brain development. In fact, the 3-year-olds from those women who had higher-than-average mercury levels when pregnant tended to score lower on the above tests.
    Large, long-living fish such as tuna and swordfish, which feed on other fish and thus keep accumulating mercury, are the most likely to have elevated levels of the poison. Types of seafood that generally have low mercury levels include shrimp, sardines, and salmon.
    Another study, published in a recent issue of the journal Pediatrics, demonstrated the benefits of similar fatty acids on brain development. Researchers gave premature infants milk supplemented with essential fatty acids. At the age of 6 months, the infants given the supplements scored better on development assessments than did similar premature infants given no supplements.
    While fatty acids play an important role early on in the developing brain, they may also be important for brain and mental health throughout our lives. Scientists continue to explore their health-promoting effects, including whether they may prevent certain psychiatric disorders.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 82 ROCKER For This Useful Post:

Barbie Doll Jiya (07-24-2008), Queen^Khi (03-18-2010)

Barbie Doll Jiya is offline Expert Member
    Dream as if you'll live
    forever, live as if you'll die
    today.

Blog Entries
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Re: Eat Fish For a Healthy Brain

میرے دل میں اُتر سکو تو شاید یہ جان لو
    کتنی خاموش محبت تم سے کرتا ہے کوئی۔

Pukhtana_4_Lyfe is offline ♥♠♥~M!zz M@gRooR~♥♠♥
    living life, 1 moment at a
    time...

Blog Entries
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

thanks for the info

neelam is offline Expert Member
    Edit>

Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lovely sharing.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Mere RAB teri naimat aur rehmat kay itnay daraya hain
    agar uss ma say mujay ak katra be mill jay
    tu mara kaam ban jay
    Ameen

mishakhan is offline Junior Member
    Edit>

Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Clark's-nutcracker2.jpg

Morning!!!!!!!

FarryS is offline Senior Member
    Edit>

Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Yes, fish, nuts, dairy products are very useful for the brain, and this affects on attention and memory. If you have better cognitive abilities, the more successful you are. I think so. Back in college, I started taking special pills for the brain. Here nootropicboost.com you can read more about this. I take thoose pills time to time, when I need to focus on a task or learning something. I also follow a balanced diet where there is a lot of phosphorus and vitamin E. I also do exercises to improve memory and concentrate. In my understanding, a successful person is always assembled, attentive and remembers various nuances, it is advantageous to distinguish it from the crowd.

BDunc is offline Expert Member
    "Allah's way is the
    best"

Blog Entries
    Quoted
    707 Post(s)

V useful indeed

mania1 is offline Junior Member
    Edit>

Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarryS View Post
    Yes, fish, nuts, dairy products are very useful for the brain, and this affects on attention and memory. If you have better cognitive abilities, the more successful you are. I think so. Back in college, I started taking special pills for the brain. Here nootropicboost.com you can read more about this. I take thoose pills time to time, when I need to focus on a task or learning something. I also follow a balanced diet where there is a lot of phosphorus and vitamin E. I also do exercises to improve memory and concentrate. In my understanding, a successful person is always assembled, attentive and remembers various nuances, it is advantageous to distinguish it from the crowd.
    Han G aisa he han bilkul....

iryna2222 is offline Member
    Edit>

Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Benefit of fish is not only in fats, but also in protein and, which is very important for the work of the brain, phosphorus. And it is present in all sorts of fish. It is useful phosphorus has a unique effect on the brain and body. In addition to food for better brain work, I accept nootropicboost.com, these drugs have a positive effect.

Zuzuk is offline Junior Member
    Edit>

Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good afternoon. I feel a decrease in performance and memory, sometimes I can not concentrate on the task. What will help me, vitamins, drugs?

FarryS is offline Senior Member
    Edit>

Quoted
    2 Post(s)

If your brain started to work badly, then simply changing eating habits is unlikely to fix the situation. Here you need special drugs nootropics and how it works can be read in the blog https://tonusjournal.com/brain-healt...otropics-work/. Just use the tips from the blog and you will not have health problems.